• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories I found a great belt case on ebay...

htom

Mar 19, 2010
I was searching for an alternative belt case after returning the Verizon leather swivel belt case. I didn't like the bulkiness and the uneven swiveling of the case. The leather and finish was great but never felt comfortable on the belt. I ordered this case from eBay after seeing the images and it comes with a full belt clip and loops. After being skeptical about cheap no name knockoff cases on eBay, I decided $10 with free shipping was not too bad as it was cheaper than the Verizon one.

Case Link

My first impressions was that is was extremely light and the stitching was very good. The belt clip and loops were tight and solid. Placing the phone in the case was tight at first but has loosen up over time. The quality of leather is as good as the Verizon one but not as thick. I like the tan and black combo better the all black. Just looks more professional.

The company is in Cali but the case was made in China.

Shipping was super fast and well worth the money.

I was a happy customer so I wanted to pass this on to my fellow droider/droidettes.

Well, it all depends where the magnets are located. To OP, can you please confirm if the magnets on the flap located in the middle of the case or in the corners of it? I would think if it’s in the corner it will be away from the center where a sensor for MM/Dock mode is activated. I can only imagine how many people have these cases and don't realize they are draining their battery while it’s stored inside...

Upvote 0
The magnets are in the left and right corners of the case and I was concerned as well about it turning on the car or multimedia apps. I tested the phone throughout the case from the front and back, holstering and removing the phone and it does not activate them. I have had good battery life since I got the case so I know it does not drain the battery or switching on in the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones