I found a slim 1800mAH battery on ebay!Tips

Last Updated:

1. Picaso86

Picaso86 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,
    I found this slim battery with more power to our T-bolts similar to the Seidio slim 1600mah - do you think its worth the money? I just got my tbolt and I dont know how much power will provide compare to the stock battery. any ideas?

1800mAh Battery + External Charger HTC Thunderbolt 4G | eBay

Advertisement
  2. PCaff

PCaff Well-Known Member

Well it does get +400 more than the stock battery. Does the seller on ebay give any specifications, the stock battery specs are:
    Battery
    Capacity:
    1400 mAh
    Talk time:
    6.30 hours
    the average is 7 h (447 min)
    Stand-by time:
    330 hours
    the average is 446 h (19 days)
  3. dangerous

dangerous Well-Known Member

There is only 1 for sale? seems kinda suspicious. You would think they would be selling them at a "buy it now" and not as an auction.
  4. PCaff

PCaff Well-Known Member

I just took a look at the ebay page...stupid question, would the original charger for the tbolt work, if not that would be a PIA to charge every time.
  5. Picaso86

Picaso86 Well-Known Member

I asked the seller about specs here is what he gave me:

* Battery Capacity: 1800 mAh * High quality Li-Ion battery. * Battery Type: Lithium Ion. * Voltage: 3.7V.

no mentioned about talktime or anything else but if you look on Ebay for "1800mAh slim battery for HTC thunderbolt" there are so many with different brands. Which one to pick?
  6. Bowlegz

Bowlegz Member

I actually purchased one of the 1800mah batteries, and it does much better than the stock battery. I got off of ebay as well, and once I fully cycled the battery a couple of times, I can get a good 10 hours out of the damn thing now!! But hey it could just be the fact that used to only getting 4 hours from stock right? ;)
  7. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

i bought two 1700mAh slims on Amazon, and somehow, its WORSE than the stock. I don't get it. I'm lucky I got two.
  8. robrecht

robrecht Well-Known Member

Don't believe battery claims on eBay.
  9. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

i bought one of these, same seller. It did not fit in the thunderbolt. The 1700mah i found on ebay did fit, but hasn't gotten me that much better battery life yet. I don't understand why this battery doesn't fit, but it doesn't. I wouldn't waste the money.
    GrandMasterB and rabernet like this.
  10. jmz768

jmz768 Well-Known Member

I can't believe that so many people still fall for bogus battery claims.
  11. blueis300

blueis300 Active Member

I havent had good luck with mine.
  12. Nor*Cal

Nor*Cal Well-Known Member

I get about 20 hours out of mine.
  13. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

i bought two 1700 batteries off of htc express today. I had a battery from them in my incredible, and got great battery life with it. They have a sale today going two batteries plus the wall charger was like 35$ or something. Not bad. I will report back when i recieve it, i currently am using a 1700 no name battery off ebay. Can't say i have anywhere near solid numbers for what i have been getting with it, i have been jumping back and forth from roms, flashing kernels, i will try to stick with cyanogen for a day or two as long as my data works to try to get some solid numbers to post.
  14. swamp

swamp Well-Known Member

Yes folks, DO NOT BELIEVE the hype on stated capacities. Best case scenario they are not testing themselves (the manufacturers) and using some highly idealized numbers. Worst case scenario they are purposefully lying and commiting fraud. Have a look at this nice reasonably scientific and reasonable sample size of test data:

BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

It takes 2 minutes to decide for yourself.

Don't believe the lies.
  15. mtalinm

mtalinm Member

i picked up an 1800 for $20 on ebay and it is a POS. lasts less than stock
  16. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member

Not surprised. Aftermarket crap.
  17. BDR-Geek

BDR-Geek Member

Is there a table of battery compatibility between models? Some batteries say that MyTouch batteries are cross-compatible.

Is the same true for Incredible/Incredible 2 etc?
  18. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

You guys all got scammed straight up. Stop buying this battery.
  19. mtalinm

mtalinm Member

on the bright side, when I complained to the seller that the battery sucked they took it right back.

somehow I feel I should have swallowed the $20 and given them back feedback as a public service...