• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I found disturbing news 2day Google wants to ban phandroid app WTF!

Should Phandroid have to change the name of its forum app, as they have been asked to by Google?

• Who feel's that Google should Merge Phandroid.com with Google as a partner?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
being on morphine due to a nasty car accident that near killed me with a tractor trailer and they found a nasty infection that may cause them to cut my leg off. So I do imagine My spelling is going to be off and I may lead off topic now and then but you guys love me for the good that I bring :0) So I know you guy's will forgive me just a lil lmao....
I'am enjoying all of the points you guy's and gal's have made here it's great seeing everyone's respectful opinions, I would like to encourage everyone to keep it rolling in.
I've taken notice that no one is rating my page is there other ways
that I can improve this thread to keep your interest's

Please and thank you... don't forget to rate my page with the star rating at the #1 page of the thread top right corner called Rating.. I love stars lmao....

Please don't forget to show your support by entering this picture in your profile or avatar or in your topic it really does help get the positive recognition this website deserves

75254d1410760110-i-found-disturbing-news-2day-google-wants-ban-phandroid-app-wtf-i-support-phandroid.png

Attachments

• I support phandroid.png
    I support phandroid.png
    81 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
It should have been called android cause I sure would like to wipe my tailend with it rite now for the stink they are making over things here lmao..
From what im guessing is the reason why they cant do anything is because its not microsoft its micro & soft... software well its software for you hiney butt anyways lmao

and well in english class my teacher taught me words and how to change the meaning of them
such as if you have 1 word and if it becomes modified it means something else
android forums is googles rite? androidforums is phandroids

Today i saw ultra boulder toilet papper lmao...

Upvote 0
It is weird that 'Microsoft Windows' is a well-known operating system trade name, but nobody uses the phrase 'Google Android.' In fact, there's probably still a lot of folks that don't even get the connection.

There has been no damages that i could imagine. Unless phandroid was selling a modified linux based os cell phones and the level of confusion has caused loss of income. Even if that was the case picture what android would have become with out the strong knowledge behind this website that has provided .

These pictures clearly shows before n afters of what im talking about

Who all remembers the company named amp'd. In my opinion i really feel that was the birth of android and iphone.

It was on a brew os which could be ported through the sdk today just like android ?
Man I loved that phone wish I had some of those today.
Who has Amp'd cell phone ???

Attachments

• 1410779388645.jpg
    1410779388645.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 63
  • 1410779412769.jpg
    1410779412769.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
I've tweaked the poll for you to better reflect the question. I don't think there's any question as to whether Google have the rights to do this - I'm sure their terms of service gives them the legal rights to do this. What is debatable is whether they should do this.

Thank you good sir
For your assistance and i feel you have made my thread. Professionally cleaner and more direct
I thought that sign was to report someone and it would cause my post to get deleted

Upvote 0
Ni Hao from the land of the Googleless Android....

It is weird that 'Microsoft Windows' is a well-known operating system trade name, but nobody uses the phrase 'Google Android.' In fact, there's probably still a lot of folks that don't even get the connection.

Who's "Google" and what's this "Android"?

"Dido OS" ...no relation to the singer.
4017156_Screenshot_2013-12-17-18-07-30_thumb.jpg

Funtouch-OS.png

1316059281825.jpg

oppo_coloros_cover-770x442.jpg

65-13110Q11308.jpg

Probably almost the entire population of this country don't get the connection.

Reactions: jaymzway
Upvote 0
can I use this as an example I mean this is clearly showing a chocolate candy bar with the kit kat name on it rite big and huge or im I seeing things here...
How is this allowed but shame others for helping them I'am seriously confused here...
Google associates their makings as a candy bar Ice cream and jelly beans how is there no damages being done here to the candy makers...
sounds alot like to me "who's on first" Abbott & Costello in my opinion more like the blind leading the blind
images
Evolution-of-Android.jpg

So many of years ago I used to be able to search for candy and actually find candy but now all I seem to find is android phones

Is this the way we think maybe to rap this all up in the nut shell I here once used to be a website is now a over sized wallet that shames others for doing what I do best difference is I can get away with it because I have enough money to be sued and don't care lmao.....

simple point I'll make here
means they can control the level of exposure of what is seen across the net means that
there is near half the nation uses google.com to search for and through the search terms
of android, jellybean, kit kat, they make it show up the candy first then they make it show heaps amount of operating systems so in return keeping it a leveled playing field for both so no damages could be done long as candy items that they name the os after is seen first...
"EVERYTHING BOILS DOWN TO THIS" -----> THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN EVERYONE RUNS OUT OF NAMES TO CALL THEIR PRODUCTS.. AND OR WHAT BETTER WAY TO NAME THINGS IS WHAT EVERYONE CAN RELATE WITH.. IT GAINS MORE TRUST IF ANYTHING YOU SELL REMINDS YOU OF THINGS THAT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD IT BECOMES HARMLESS RITE???

Upvote 0
Ni Hao from the land of the Googleless Android....

Who's "Google" and what's this "Android"?

"Dido OS" ...no relation to the singer.
4017156_Screenshot_2013-12-17-18-07-30_thumb.jpg

Funtouch-OS.png

1316059281825.jpg

oppo_coloros_cover-770x442.jpg

65-13110Q11308.jpg

Probably almost the entire population of this country don't get the connection.

Im sure they meant it being like this D1 D0 Not DI DO
as for it's a D1D0 OS
DM814X - DIDO AS IS DATA IN DATA OUT ? MAYBE
Processor: Texas Instruments "DaVinci" DM814x

D1D0 is a ready-to-use CPU module based on Texas Instruments DM8148 high performance application processor. D1D0 is the first product of DAVE Embedded Systems' Ultra Line
dido_02.png

STILL A Bootloader

U-Boot

Multitasking

Linux 2.6.37 BASED OS LOL NOT ANDROID

Upvote 0
my personal favorite
images

program runs android on your computer lil buggy last time I ran it but does pretty good at running the full os and google play see's it as a android phone too... lmao...

images

I bet it runs better on it's natural environment means that it is based off of linux lmao..
"I wish I could find someone that could run this from the cloud" man that would be so cool...

"anyone know how to do it android from the cloud and I will call it Angel.... thats right guys you heard it here first jaymzway has reinvented the wheel"

this may be a great way of beta testing roms too I'am sure it would work if you knew what you was doing to change the file structure. and model of phones

Upvote 0
Im sure they meant it being like this D1 D0 Not DI DO
as for it's a D1D0 OS
DM814X - DIDO AS IS DATA IN DATA OUT ? MAYBE
Processor: Texas Instruments "DaVinci" DM814x

D1D0 is a ready-to-use CPU module based on Texas Instruments DM8148 high performance application processor. D1D0 is the first product of DAVE Embedded Systems' Ultra Line
dido_02.png

STILL A Bootloader

U-Boot

Multitasking

Linux 2.6.37 BASED OS LOL NOT ANDROID

Actually this one is "Dido OS", yet another fork of Googleless Android produced by a Chinese phone company for the domestic market.
Android4.2????Dido OS_??_???????? (Chinese)
"Dido OS基于Android4.2操作系统。"

Dido OS is on Koobee phones.
koobee酷比手机官方网站 (Chinese)

There's many of them now, probably the most well known outside of China is Xiaomi's MIUI.
http://en.miui.com/

Upvote 0
Actually this one is "Dido OS", yet another fork of Googleless Android produced by a Chinese phone company for the domestic market.
Android4.2????Dido OS_??_???????? (Chinese)
"Dido OS基于Android4.2操作系统。"

Dido OS is on Koobee phones.
koobee酷比手机官方网站 (Chinese)

There's many of them now, probably the most well known outside of China is Xiaomi's MIUI.
http://en.miui.com/

I stand corrected your rite bro I forgot MIUI
What you think about my new invention of the wheel
Android that you can run from the cloud and I will call it "Angel" Powered by Jaymzway

lmao.... billion $ companies can reinvent wheels so I figured why not me rite?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Google can require "based on" or "powered by" on all Android devices. Just use the little Android Logo. Windows had something about all software being based on or powered by Windows NT.

Same with all the distros of Linux. You have to sell the basic idea and get the public used to it. There are differences of opinion, but most stick together in defining and defending Linux as a whole.

Otherwise - Samsung will become synonymous with Android, and not Google. Samsung is the only Android device bashing Apple. I finally saw an ad for an HTC, but it ran Windows.

Upvote 0
New Rules here it's only fair as for Google is a very Respectful Company.
For every bad thing we mention about them let's be kind and Say What we like about them in return.

Now that I have gotten my point across about Google's down falls In order to be professional I do have to hand these hard working individuals some high guards of respect.
They have came along way since the mid 90's back when yahoo and aol was the hottest thing on the market.
I'am very impressed of all of the app's that was created by Google.com
Especially the Google Voice app totally awesome including all of the things that you can do
from within your emails. Google map's very sweet when used on the GSM network I have never seen anything come even close to how accurate it was so amazing it tells you per mile and speed your going and when to decrease speed rite at the moment you just hit a speed sign.

Oh and I can never forget how they took the major thorn out of my side when backing up contacts list my god so much easier can you imagine how I felt when having over 3,000 contacts in my phone trying to put all of those #'s back into my phone. I'am sure there is tons more I just can't think of them now..But Thank you Google for all of the great things you do. But let's merge great opportunities together rather then pushing them away..Is how I feel.

Please N thank you. don't forget to rate my thread top right corner called Rating I love stars lmao don't forget to show your support by entering this picture in your profile or avatar or in your topic it really does help get the positive recognition this website deserves

75254d1410760110-i-found-disturbing-news-2day-google-wants-ban-phandroid-app-wtf-i-support-phandroid.png

Upvote 0
Hello good Mr.or Mrs.
I would like to add a new option to my poll.

Here's what I have so far

No, I don't believe they should have to. 10 likes here
No opinion either way. 4 likes here
Yes, I do believe they should have to. oops'y only 1 here lmao....

Would this be ok for you guys to add in for me ?:)
New----> Who feel's that Google should Merge Phandroid.com with Google as a partner?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones