I found the BEST screen protector for the droid!

Last Updated:

1. toxik

toxik New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

I stand by your decision. It's a great product.

3. LarryMcJ

LarryMcJ Well-Known Member

4. toxik

toxik New Member This Topic's Starter

should I get just the screen or full body protection?

PS I'm not gonna get a case, so its either the shield or nothing.

5. ProlificZ21

ProlificZ21 New Member

I definitely agree to get the Invisible Shield. That is what I purchased for the Droid and for my Zune HD. They are very high quality and I bought the full body you might as well. But I would also advise to get like a small pouch or something to put it in case of drops.

6. iPhoneMilk

iPhoneMilk Well-Known Member

DO NOT get the zagg skin...

I just got it and i ripped that thing off and threw it in the trash.

It does NOT work very well on the droid at all.

There is a TON of drag and resistance on just moving your finger on it, and it lowers the sensitivity. Horrible skin for the droid.

7. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

I couldn't be any happier with the ZAGG skin. It doesn't get fingerprint smudges as easily as the Droid's glass screen and they wipe off very easily with a shirt or w/e cloth you have around... without any worries of scratching it.

I also prefer the feel of the ZAGG screen over the phone's glass.

Just make sure to apply it in a room where there won't be much dust or carpet fuzz. I bought 3 of them since they were $5 each and only got a dust-free application on the very last one :p I had been trying in my carpeted family room and finally decided to go into a room with hardwood floors and shut the door... if dust gets on the bottom (sticky side) it's game over, you can't get it off.

8. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Think I'm gonna stick with just the glass.

9. iPhoneMilk

It has way to much drag, it's not smooth enough to slide your fingers over, not only that it lowered the sensitivity by a TON.

I took off the skin and it was a huge difference just going vanilla with no protector.

I'm currently in the search for a new skin right now.

Amazon.com has a bunch and i've bought a couple of no name brands, going to test out a bunch and give one of them a shot.

being an iPhone owner for 3 iPhone's i am quite PRO at putting skins on perfectly, i put on my zagg skin with no bubbles no dust or lint.. im pretty good at it,

Even with putting it on perfectly it still sucked. =/

10. Droidood

You'll probably be fine with that... someone posted a video here of a dude swiping his car key over the glass repeatedly and it didn't scratch. He was returning the phone for some reason but did the test before taking it back :p

I personally just feel too paranoid because scratches are permanent and I'd be really pissed at myself if I let anything happen ><

11. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

I will be getting the ZAGG as well. Its currently on my iPhone and its been great

Also BSE has great screen proctors but nothing for the Droid yet
    Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

12. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

Personally I would go with a normal case. The screen doesn't scratch easily at all and neither does the rest of the body. Unlike a clear skin most cases will help prevent damage from being dropped.

13. Droidood

Weird, I only purchased the Zagg skin after trying a friend's Droid that had it on already.

Neither one of our phones is any less sensitive now, and the drag isn't bad at all unless you're applying a ton of pressure. I just press very lightly when sliding my finger across the screen and don't really notice a difference...

14. andrewrodney

andrewrodney Well-Known Member

I agree. Awesome products and great warranty which they fully stand by. Mine

15. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

If drag is a problem with Zagg (rhyming, love it :) ) then why not Zagg the whole phone except the screen and keep a Verizon Screen protector on that...or leave it bare if that's your thing.

16. iPhoneMilk

17. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

What do you mean it's amazing compared to Zagg's one? Theres is pretty perfect.

18. dakoop

dakoop Well-Known Member

Hmm......

19. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I think you misunderstand the entire concept of a Zagg (or similar) type of "screen protector". They aren't just cheap film, they are made from a urethane plastic and were originally used for helicopter blades and automobile bumpers. They are not only scratch resistant but they have a self healing quality to them. They also don't use a damaging adhesive, and are extremely flexible, and reusable.

20. Attackcenter

Attackcenter Member

I have tried certain protectors that have more drag than others. I have seen postings with other phones that the Zagg effected somewhat the sensitivity of the screen. The persons mentioned this didn't see a better alternative, so that took the trade off. Not to mention that not everything wants to put water on their phone.

AC

21. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

Yes Zagg and the like are great but I know i don't want to give up the slickness of my screen. I would rather replace the scratched protector every so often.

22. Attackcenter

Attackcenter Member

iphonemilk: I checked out the link to the Lexerd Screen Protector. Looks nice. Is this screen protector a custom fitted for the Droid with the proper cut outs?

AC

23. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Well-Known Member

24. shaggymatt

shaggymatt Well-Known Member

This quality shouldn't be underestimated. I've put Zagg shield's on all my electronic devices. Somehow, my iPod Touch got what appeared to be a rock thrown at it, sort of had the dusty rock break look on it (yeah no idea how). Anyway, it totally saved the screen of the Touch. Took off the Zagg and there wasn't a mark on the iPod.

25. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member