• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories I Found the Slimmest Car Mount for the Evo

Not sure what comments you might be referring to but I just got mine from Amazon today and I'm very happy with the fit with the Best Buy Rocketfish Silicone case that I've got on mine. As you can see from the photo the phone and case will fit between the jaws nicely and there appears to be plenty of friction to keep it in place. On the Best Buy case there's a mold seam that will also insure that the case doesn't slide forward out of the jaws. I'm headed out to see how well the vent clamp works on my car but wanted to give you guys an update.

Thanks !

Upvote 0
Will it work with an innocase?

would also like to know this, is there "play" in width of phone

Just got mine today, and while I haven't field-tested it yet, I have done some preliminary testing.

In other words, I put the phone in the clip and shook it. lol

While it's a very solid fit with the phone naked, it aaaaaaaalmost works with the phone cased (in a Platinum Series case from Best Buy) and placed in a vertical/portrait position. Which is to say I wouldn't want to do it, but maybe you're braver than I am.

Placed horizontally/landscape, it really should be okay unless you live in Pothole City (aka New Orleans). But I've gotten so good at removing my case to swap batteries, I think I'll just be removing the case on the rare occasions I actually need to mount the phone in the car.

Upvote 0
I just got mine, and the arm itself is very, very stiff. My Evo is naked, so I have no issue with the unit fitting into the mount. I will look to see if there's any shaking and if the clasps could wear away at the phone. But for now, this is waaaay better than having it sit face up in the passenger seat.

Upvote 0
I just got mine. I like it and I can't have too many complaints for $15.

I will say that it is very shaky while using the suction mount on almost any road. It's a little tiring on the eyes for long trips. Regardless of that fact, it keeps your phone at eye level and it's very useful. I'm still waiting for the HTC mount though... maybe one day...

Upvote 0
I've been using the mount for a few days now, and it's really nicely designed. For starters, I can plug my cassette adapter into the headphone jack and USB power and the volume rockers available all at the same time. With the froyo's new 270 degree rotation, I can now rotate in landscape mode with the headphone jack away from me so it doesn't get tangled up in the shifter and whatnot. So far, a big thumbs up from me.

I have decided to remove the mount from the window every time I leave the car because I'm afraid the sun will bake the silicone suction cup into a crackly mess. It's a little extra effort, but I think it will pay off in the long run.

Upvote 0
My only gripe with this thing...

I should have ordered two. Both my phones fit in it :(

Vent mount, solid. Love the placement under my radio (your car may vary). Windshield mount, never gave it a chance to shake, I used the flex arm to rest it on the dash halfway to the phone. Probably not an option with all dashes. I still like the vent mount better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones