I give up. Making sure I ALWAYS get notifications from certain people?General

Last Updated:

1. Zerethusta

Zerethusta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I work private security, and my boss alerts us to jobs by a mass-text, then first reply gets it. However, usually jobs are ~4 hours notice, and while the company is based in Seattle I live a little over an hour north.

While I sleep, my text alert generally doesn't wake me, but if I'm getting a text about work I'd like to be able to set it to something else that'll get my attention from dreamland.

I can see there are a few programs out there that allow SMS notifications by contact, but most have bad reviews. Any that you guys can recommend? I'm using Handcent on leaked 2.1, but I can't find that option anywhere in settings.

Also, is there any way to set him to notify even in vibrate/silent? I need all the work I can get, and my text-fu needs to be FAST to get the jump on 'em, especially with my commute on the more southern shifts.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Chomp and handcent both.do it. If its from the same number set as a really long ring tone and crank up the volume in Nero or whatever mp3 editor you use. Or get a BB you can rig over riding tones on those.

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

You may also just want to find a notification customization app, you could possibly set one to have the SMS continue notifying you until you acknowledge it.

4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Get autoring from market.

Works perfect. I get texts and calls from my gf even on silent. Always.

5. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

sounds like it works backwards :p

BTW, you're the closest person geographically to me I've found on this site! Nice to see!

6. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

While you're texting someone in handcent, in your conversation thread with them, push the wrench in the top right corner. Notification settings you set at this screen will apply ONLY to that contact.

7. Zerethusta

Zerethusta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Gotcha, I took care of through handcent, and I'm downloading Autoring right now.

Thanks guys :)

8. Renocat

Renocat Member

Total thread highjack, but I am in Rochester as well. :p