• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i go from a 100% to 97% in like 10 seconds

I personally believe the circuit that cuts off charging during the night never cuts back on, and that initial drop is just the drop of being on standby for about six hours.

If you take your phone off the charger for about 10-15 minutes it'll drop to 92% or so, then plug it back in and let it charge up to 100% again. The 2nd time around it gradually drops instead of dropping 6% in a matter of minutes.

It's a gaping bug that is adding to the already pretty bad battery life of the device. I've used plenty of smartphones, the EVO has been one of the worst like the HTC windows devices I've used.

Upvote 0
The Incredible won't charge the battery fully unless it's turned off (no matter how long you leave it plugged in), so probably the EVO has the same problem. After you get a green light while turned on, turn off the phone (totally off). The light will turn orange again and it will take 20-30 mins to turn green. Turn it back on and it will stay at 100% for quite a while.

Reactions: apollooff320
Upvote 0
DISCLAIMER Do not mess around and destroy your phone

Click phone dial *#*#4636#*#* then battery info

DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS MENU

You can see your battery % there... it won't show your % unless you go to this menu, but its fairly easy and straightforward... there are also many widgets that do this but I don't know of any, so i won't bother recommending one...

Upvote 0
The Incredible won't charge the battery fully unless it's turned off (no matter how long you leave it plugged in), so probably the EVO has the same problem. After you get a green light while turned on, turn off the phone (totally off). The light will turn orange again and it will take 20-30 mins to turn green. Turn it back on and it will stay at 100% for quite a while.

OMG...this actually happens but it turned green after 1 min for me.

Upvote 0

ive actually tried this, but even after i shut the phone off, the orange light will stay on for about 30 secs to 1 min then turn green, i will power the phone back on and once it boots up the light will remain green. still as soon as i take it off..it drops to 97% like 3 minutes later. The first 10% of the battery drains like its no tomorrow. within the first hour the first %10 is gone, however my phone lasts me 15 hrs. no battery complaints here. although i know as the battery wears out. this will change, but even then just buy a replacement battery after the first year :D

Upvote 0
Really, it's just a software measurement. I have noticed the same thing, but if you really look at the battery over the entire discharge range, it "catches up" later. After about 60%, it starts discharging at a lower rate. Meaning - in the first 30 minutes, it may go from 100% to 92%. But later on in the cycle, it seems to slow down. Meaning it might take it 2 hours to go from 50% to 40%.

These are not scientific numbers - I just noticed it today that I lost the first 30% of the battery about 2x faster than the last 70%. And I got about 12-13 hours out of a full charge - as good as my iPhone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones