1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

I got 3g on my lg optimus m.... YeaGeneral

1. teh_dude

teh_dude Well-Known Member

So you don't have to do the bin file or anything else, right? i want to keep my rom etc lol.
  2. tms592

tms592 Well-Known Member

dude could you like post a step by step way to do it because I really dont wanna mess things up and im in Miami, do you think its safe to do?
    sandpipershore likes this.
  3. teh_dude

please be specific as to your results.....*hopeful smile*

New optimus said to use lgnpst, which makes total sense, but wasn't clear as to whether or not to JUST provide the prl file to lgnpst, or if other files have to be provided as well.
  4. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

How you get the to the 3020 prl guys? I have try updating throught *228 and nothing
  5. teh_dude

OH THE SUSPENSE!!! Did you brick it?
  6. alvar0_

alvar0_ Member

Nice! im in the 916
  7. tms592

tms592 Well-Known Member

lol dude im on the sidelines waiting for him to give some type of result so I can try.
  8. blaxican25

blaxican25 Well-Known Member

ok so i flash the prl with success got evdo for a few mins then lost it but my prl is still 3020 and all services still work data and calling lol went back to 1x but im guessing sense i have the 3020 prl when ever i get close to the 3g signal i should pick it up.
  9. teh_dude

How did you flash it?????????????

I'm sitting here in LGNPST, wondering if i need to use the upgrade tab, or the prl tab, and if so, do I just flash the PRL itself, or other things with it, or what?
  10. atl809

atl809 Well-Known Member

did you try a speedtest?
  11. blaxican25

oh shit i got the 3g to pop up lol
  12. blaxican25

you know when you root the long way through lgnpst only thing different is you select the 3020 prl
  13. alvar0_

alvar0_ Member

How to flash it and where can we get the 3020 PRL?

Thank you
  14. teh_dude

Okay, but I don't want to re-flash a stock 2.2.1 rom with the BIN file and so on, and have to redo custom recovery, sense rom, all my settings, etc etc etc just for a PRL file. are you saying that's necessary?

You made it sound like you went back to stock by letting lgnpst overwrite with a new bin file, etc. are you able to provide a much greater amount of detail? I'm asking if *in addition* to the PRL file, if you also had listed in LGNPST the bin file and the scr file, or if you *just* had the prl file listed.
  15. blaxican25

yeah i had to do it the long way lol but if i can get 3g to work good it's worth it.
  16. teh_dude

You mean you can't just do this???:

[​IMG]
    JibXB12 likes this.
  17. blaxican25

go for it lol did not think about that should be quick.
  18. alvar0_

alvar0_ Member

Flashed over to the 3020 PRL.. still 1x.

Maybe in this area 3g is not available.. bummer
  19. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Ok guys sorry for the delay, I went to eat.

Yes just do what teh dude did, click the prl tab and put in the 3020.prl and start. No messing up your phone, like blax I did it the long way, using upgrade, however I did that because I was not sure if my custom rom was hindering my prl update so I returned my phone back to factory, did that last night waited till this morning to see if the prl would update. no go on that plan.
    So this morning I updated the prl and "tried" to update to rooted stock, thereby jumping forward a step on the way to reinstalling my custom rom.

but ended up scrubbing my esn and had to go the "really long" way to getting service back and updating everything.

If you just do the prl update you will not need to worry about any of that unless you unplug phone while its doing its thing.
    sandpipershore likes this.
  20. teh_dude

OK well i'll try it in a bit lol. I wanna switch to GNM's recovery so i can do a real full phone + sd-ext backup for once, and then i'll flash this, just to cover myself if something goes awry. but before that, i gotta start laundry and run errands lol. sorry i was so impatient with you blaxican. sometimes we all just expect answers instantaneously i guess lol.

YAYYY NEW OPTIMUS FOR TEH CONFIRMSS!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D K still gotta run errands lol.
  21. tms592

tms592 Well-Known Member

ok so all I do is open lgnpst and click the prl tab, find the prl (that i downloaded), then just click start? Im in Miami so im gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope this goes well....
  22. blaxican25

[​IMG]

just can't keep the signal lol but im going keep trying things lol says evdo
  23. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

yup, that will work, and good luck:p
  24. tms592

tms592 Well-Known Member

still gonna try it but the way you said good luck scared me.
  25. teh_dude

Well, I flashed it and nothing fried (lol), but I have yet to see 3g. Still good ol' 1xRTT.

I had also tried switching to EvDo only, and it just killed service, so i switched it back to CDMA Auto (PRL). Tried CDMA Only, but obviously that's pointless I'm pretty sure lol.