• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I got 3g on my lg optimus m.... Yea

...teh dude found if you dont have 3g enabled towers you still wont get them. but if you go to an area with the 3g towers you will have it....

I did? Wow cool didn't even know it. LOL. Makes sense/seems self evident though, now that you mention it. Too bad I'm concerned about gas enough to want to avoid driving around the metroplex for a few hours just to try it out haha.

Upvote 0
I was going to post a cdma workshop tutorial, but it figured out that my demo license expired and I'm not paying for the full version right now lol. Tried that adb shell command out of curiousity even though I already have my SPC, and it took it, but it didnt gimme any feedback other than the typical repeat of the command that you give.
hmm, I just did it on my samsung galaxy prevail, boost mobile, and got my code, let me go get my optimus from my wife.

Upvote 0
How i said, when i got to school i had 3g already.. i think my phone did the update automatically because i never updated the prl... if you want to see if theres 3g in your are try to put the 3020 prl in your phone manually with lgnpst how everyone is doing it??? and dont worry if metro pcs is getting 3g then they wont just put it in someplaces they are going to put it everywhere...

Upvote 0
Im in miami too. First i tried the *228 but was still in 3019, then i downloaded the 3020 prl from the link on the first page and just put it in the prl tab in lgnpst, clicked start and had 3020 but my "Mobile network type" is still CDMA and no signs of 3g life, guess we will just have to wait.

Upvote 0
hahaha tried it, doesn't work for mine. lol well at least it's just curiosity for me and I already got/saved my SPC awhile ago.
did u write a new spc to your phone? the spc that esn site gives is the one ur phone came with from lg.
and that number is very important if u brick your esn or lose your data connection. you need your 10digit phone#@mymetropcs.com as user name and the original spc as password

Upvote 0
did u write a new spc to your phone? the spc that esn site gives is the one ur phone came with from lg.
and that number is very important if u brick your esn or lose your data connection. you need your 10digit phone#@mymetropcs.com as user name and the original spc as password

No, nothing has changed with my phone. My spc is still the same. I haven't had any need to retrieve my SPC--that's what I thought I made pretty clear. All along, I was trying your alternate methods of obtaining my SPC, ***even though I already have it saved from prior retrieval***, just because I was curious, like I stated above. So when I said "it doesn't work," that means the website didn't work. Saying the website didn't work means I that when I put in my MEID, the website says it doesn't recognize my MEID. So, the whole issue is moot, because I was just curious anyway, since, like I said, I already got the information a while back via CDMA workshop. Have I made it clear this time?

EDIT: The above probably seems unkind. I was irritated because by what you had asked and said to me, it seems as if you hadn't read what I originally stated about my efforts in trying your suggestions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones