I got 3g on my lg optimus m.... YeaGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-01-16 20:47:53
  1. twistedriku

twistedriku Well-Known Member

The prl is downloadable from a link someone posted in this thread earlier. It'll be the 3020.prl in blue text. As for the lgnpst, you need to be sure to get the lab version and not the store. there is a thread posted by andyo and it gives you a link to download a rar file. However since it is a cracked version, you must follow the read me file or else you will not get it to work.

Advertisement
  2. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

they are putting it in some markets to alleviate network problems. discussed endlessly over on another forum. a few markets, not all, temporary and CAPPED. They can't let the 3G be too good as they still want to push everyone over to LTE.

Some markets will never see this 3G. Depends on where you live. Metro will NEVER announce it as it will make all the other customers mad.
  3. kris0933138

kris0933138 Well-Known Member

got it for some reason LGNPST doesnt want to open for me im on windows 7 64 bit. it say checking LG use/paraellel lockey and freeze
  4. twistedriku

5. twistedriku

You opened up the wrong one, go to C:/LGelectronics/LGNPST/ in your hardrive and look for the application file that DOESNT have "General" in it.
  6. tms592

tms592 Well-Known Member

UPDATE: Anyone in Miami we dont have 3G in Miami, I was just on a job world tour around Miami (on south beach, downtown, and aventura) no area has 3G. I checked.
  7. teh_dude

teh_dude Well-Known Member

If metro never announced it, how is what you or anyone in that other forum say/s reliable information? Still sounds like speculation to me.
  8. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Sorry, I thought you said the site gave you the wrong spc.

I guess a bit of misunderstanding thats all.
  9. new optimus

Chazz if you look at my photo I have 700kb/s download speed, that is not too bad. Though for how long I have no idea.
  10. rcookie

rcookie Member

OK so im on 3g and 3020 prl but stuff like youtube are still the same speed and plus is takes about 2 or 3 hours just for one text to go through
  11. new optimus

if your not getting any faster speeds they may have it capped where you are, hell it may be they are systematically capping it everywhere they turned it on.
  12. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I was having a problem with text messages going through as well, at first. Unfortunately I can't write more right now (I'm at work), but it did clear up.
  13. rcookie

rcookie Member

I think my texting is good right now
    But anyways im getting speed around 185kbps is anyone getting faster?
  14. new optimus

I was, I have not tried in a about half a day, and my wife has the phone now so I wont be able to check it till tomorrow.

If you look you will find a pic several posts back.
  15. alfick3

185 kbps is about average for what I'm getting as well.
  16. teh_dude

I've now had a couple/few of what might as well be flickers of 3G. as soon as I notice it, it's gone in seconds lol. too quick for me to test it.
  17. reppard

reppard Well-Known Member

Just updated my prl and no 3g :( I didn't think I would get it as am about 40 miles outside of atlanta
  18. teh_dude

hah yeah good luck. I was in Augusta a few months ago visiting my friend and his family for a week, and I couldn't even get regular service out there. you're lucky. lol
  19. kodfish

kodfish New Member

I am in north dfw area and just noticed 3g on mine today too.
  20. alfick3

What part of north DFW? I'm over in Garland and am getting it. I first saw it about a week ago. I've found though, when I goto the Marsh and Forest lane areas, I don't get it. Also the Hillcrest Beltline areas I don't get it. I haven't been over to Richardson yet to see about it there.
  21. teh_dude

Man you're exploring it pretty hard. All I can say is you probably won't see much more than a flicker driving down Division, Abram, nearby. lol. And that's just cuz I go to the QT sometimes.
  22. alfick3

Nah. I head over to those areas frequently (my in-laws live near the Hillcrest/Beltline intersection and my brother-in-law lives near Marsh/Forest Lane area). Also, for my job (I work for IBM repairing servers), I travel a bit.
  23. teh_dude

24. new optimus

Just did several speed test all different servers different parts of the country.

[​IMG]

I am going to post this in several of the threads so people can see it.
  25. alfick3

I wish I could get speeds like that. Mine are consistently below 200 kbps.