i got a google voice inviteGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Dannysc213

Dannysc213 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I got an invite to Google voice and They give you an option to use your number or get a new one. I really don't need a new number but you do get more features than using your own phone number. I never call outside of the US either. Don't know which one to pick! Any insight would be great. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. K_love0x

K_love0x Member

my husband and i got ours today as well.. he recently went back to his chocolate 3 from his eris bc he was tired of the phone bill and he doesn't get much time to play around with it and surf the web on his new job lol... i set up mine a couple of hours ago and decided to keep my number... its a bit odd bc i have a voice mail through Verizon and can not access it... it takes me to my google vm acct instead. so i'm not really sure what to do.. but i do love that it sends you emails and sms' about your voice mails and translates it to text so i can read it at work and not have to call it and see...

3. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Go here:

Homescreen -> Menu -> Settings -> Call -> Voicemail service. Change it from GV back to My Carrier.

4. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

I have a sperate number for my GV. But could i set up my GV voice mail for my verizon number?

5. RoboPhoneII

RoboPhoneII Active Member

How did you get the Google Voice invite?

6. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

OK i figures it out. You dial *71 then your google voice number from the phone u want to set it up from. But when i call it plays a dial tone then hangs up on me.. Any Suggestions?

7. Calkacky

Calkacky Well-Known Member

You have to request it here:

Google Voice

or get someone who has extas to send you one. There are posts here about that if you do a search. They are hard to come by though! I'm wanting one too but haven't gotten one yet.

8. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

i have a question I would like to use my own number for the voicemail, but would like a gv number to record calls to support lines/creditors, can I have both? or is there a market app to record calls?

9. RoboPhoneII

Done that. A few times. Waiting waiting. I hear you can get one from eBay I do know if that is a good way of doing it.

10. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Edit: I guess nobody wants the GV invite. Good luck waiting.

11. RoboPhoneII

Are offering a GV invite? :)

12. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Goto the link and request it, I got mine in 3 days. Another time took some months, so it really is nothing set in stone. Yeah you can buy them on e-bay, but why?

I have opted to use the GV separately, and actually it's cool to have a number for junk or for business to be used separate but can tie into your existing phone. I just trying it out still and jury is out, but it seems cool.

Anyone know if the invites expire?