I got it!

Last Updated:

1. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

And it's BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait until more of you get yours so you can walk me through how to change some settings on it LOL! It's really gorgeous and I am almost able to use it without any trouble. I wish the screen wouldn't timeout so quickly (gotta change the settings) and I don't like having to push a button on the side to turn the screen back on. But the phone is freaking gorgeous and so lightweight and fast.... It's awesome!

Advertisement
  2. tedrd88

tedrd88 Member

Congrats, I got mine too. It is amazing and I second everything you said.

3. c3po25

c3po25 Member

me too!!! haven't been able to put it down and I think I'm supposed to be focusing on work...lol that's gonna be a tough task

4. Robinelli

Oh, I also need help changing the default font size on the internet. I can pinch to zoom but I'd rather it come up a readable size to begin with.

5. Robinelli

I know, right!!!!!

6. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

loving my new vibrant :) recorded the 10 minute drive back home in 720p looks fantastic, but it took up 1GB lol. very awesome phone. I tried out ADW Launcher, and it felt like something was missing and I can't believe I'm saying this right now, but I think I prefer the touchwiz lol

7. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

Just got home and turned it on. Wow, this thing is beautiful and awesome. I love the color scheme of the settings. It runs smooth with no lag for now. Guess what? Touchwiz is not bad at all. Too many people are hating on it without even using it. The phone also feels solid. I know why reviews says it has a plastic feeling and I would blame it on the back cover. The 4" screen is the perfect size for me.

As usual, customer service was awesome since the person at the store didn't give me the full upgrade. Definitely don't mind staying with T-mo for another 2 years.

P.S. This thread should be the "official" I got it/first impressions thread before this forum is spammed with it.

EDIT: I'm watching Avatar and wow, looks great! The speaker is pretty damn loud too compared to the G1 I had.

8. Sweet Lew

Sweet Lew Member

Been a Vibrant owner for an hour now. Like everyone else said. Farking amazing! This is my first smart phone, so there will be some questions coming..

9. RxR

RxR Member

I've had it for 2 hours as well...
    Coming from the G1...i was hesitant about not having a keyboard...but the larger screen and the responsiveness is awesome.

And no more lagging...this thing is FAST!!!!

And never having experienced any of the earlier versions of Touchwiz...but so far...this interface is sleek.

Any of you guys tried out the TV OUt option yet??
    Its accessible via the Display options...

10. Sweet Lew

Sweet Lew Member

I do have one question in regards to charging the battery. What are peoples opinions on how to maintain battery life? Charge it when it's low? Let it discharge completely? Keep it plugged in all the time?

11. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

What I planned to do is complete drain it then completely recharge it. Some people recommend doing it 3 times.

Sweet Lew likes this.
  12. Sweet Lew

Sweet Lew Member

Thanks! I will give that a try. :)

13. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

First off, Congrats to all of you !

My GF is getting the phone in a few hours... glad to hear all of you like it !

14. hkmiller

hkmiller New Member

Got mine. What a great device.

15. Fat Tires

Fat Tires Member

I got mine this morning and I think it's great. The screen is beautiful and I like the TouchWiz UI too. I'm not sure that I'd switch to ADW Launcher, but I am sure that I don't miss Sense at all. Fantastic display, slim device, it's perfect in my hands too. I'm hooked.

16. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Can any of you guys post some Night Mode Pictures to see what its like please? I know one has already been done but to confirm how good it works.

17. Robinelli

I can't even find night mode.... maybe someone can help me out?

18. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

I hear its also maybe called "Dimmer" or "sunset" mode

19. Fathom

Fathom Member

I ♥ My Vibrant. Nuff said! :D

20. GAMERIG

GAMERIG Active Member

I got HD2 last month!, then Now I got SamDroid, it is good.. it actually remind me of iTouch 3G or iPhone..:p

Yes Vibrant S does have it.. I would give a shot.. but I dont know where headjack at store.. radio shack? or what?

21. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

what ?

22. The K-Zoo Kid

The K-Zoo Kid Well-Known Member

why is my phone not showing up when i try to connect it through the usb..?????

Great phone besides that little problem..

23. GAMERIG

GAMERIG Active Member

Little leech boy..,

I am wondering which one store has headphone jack available ? radio shack had it ? bestbuy selling headphone jack?

24. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

I got mine this morning! Worth every penny, and since I've personally owned the MT3G Slide as well, this is hands down worlds apart and better in every way.

All of those Slide owning Samsung bashers we argued with for the past month will probably eat their words in coming days.

Anyways, I will take some pics tonight, both outside and inside. I'll post them once it's done. I'm PST, so it might be late by the time I get around to posting. Pictures in day light and the 720p video recording are incredible. The YouTube videos don't do this thing justice.

Do yourself a favor and go get it!

c14HERNANDEZ and 2FR35H like this.
  25. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Oh most definitely will I am just trying to decide how I am thinking the 20month EIP, 4 month EIP, or buying it on contract price and I hear the cheaper tzones plan works with the vibrant.