I got lost in my recoveries, some help if you have time.

Last Updated:

1. Heide264

Heide264 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Right now in my phone info it says:
    Kernel version 2.6.29-omap1-g1c56172-dirty adamz@ubuntu #3
    Build number: Bugless Beast .8
    Using SPR.

I got lost in instructions because I kept getting stuck in a boot loop be it the overclocking (or more suspected in my opinion that metamorph program).

I'd like to give overclocking another go. Also, I don't know if I should upgrade to BB 0.9.

Mainly I'm looking for suggestions as to where to go from here. I have been guilty and have not named my backups (although numerous) as well as I should have. Lesson learned.

Advertisement
  2. shake&bake

shake&bake Member

If you're trying to go back to a previous backup, there's an option to flash the most recent backup. I guess I'm not really sure what problem you're trying to solve :p.

3. Heide264

Basically, if I want to upgrade to .9, I can just download the update.zip off the BB.9 thread and install that, correct?

Then to enable OC, I can just download and run the chevy01 kernel and run that?

Not sure when I need to clear/wipe etc though. I don't think I will have to.

4. shake&bake

shake&bake Member

That should work, but I might wipe data just to be safe, especially with the boot loop issues. You can use titanium backup from the market to easily back up and restore apps once you've updated. (its free). I might wait for another opinion though, because I've never used BB, only smoked glass.

5. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

I would wait. There seems to be some issues with .9 and unless you really into upgrading for the extended scripts there's no real reason or enhancements.

Regarding the kernel listing you posted. Looks like at some time maybe you perhaps pushed an update.zip of one of AdamZ kernels??... one of his LV 5 steps?. At least that's what I'm getting from the listing post.

If your getting the itch to try a new ROM check out Koush's CyanogenMOD here: CyanogenMod Forum -> Motorola Droid

Although I've ran BB.8 and it's pretty nice.... have you tried enabling JIT?. he had an update.zip that will do it for you... and with AdamZ LV kernel it's makes for a great combination. If you do decide to check it out make sure your create a Nandroid archive before you enable it... JIT has a personality of it's own... and can act up on occasion. So if you want you can go back to your archived Nand at anytime.

Just some suggestions to keep you interested.. ;)

6. shake&bake

shake&bake Member

If we're throwing some other rom ideas around, I'll vouch for smoked glass v6.01. This is the fastest most stable rom I have run yet. Installation is also really easy. The rom.tgz format is nice.

7. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I am running this ROM with Adam's low voltage kernel at 1 GHz. With live wallpapers enabled my battery life has DOUBLED over Simply Stunning ERE25(?) build and Adam's previous kernel at 1,200 MHz.

I am not kidding when I say doubled.

8. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

9. Heide264

Downloaded the BB.9 update.zip and installed it.

Downloaded the 5 slot chevy 1.0 ghz (ERE25). Got my profiles set up.

...So far things seem great =). They did the first time too, however, then after playing with ringdroid was suck in a bootloop.