1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

I got mine!General

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Picked it up from T-Mobile and unlocked the bootloader before I even left the parking lot. Now a quick initial setup, then I'm off to work. This thing is amazing!

BTW, posted from my Nexus 4

Advertisement
    :
    Trooper likes this.
  2. momagic

momagic Well-Known Member

you have made many people jealous!
  3. chrlswltrs

4. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

I like this. lol
  5. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

How's data speed and what not, BTW...what carrier at&t or Tmobile?
  6. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

<----jealous
  7. Shotlimesalt

Shotlimesalt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

No fair.. where haz mine?
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Congrats Charles!
  9. chrlswltrs

I'm on Tmobile. I got mine through my upgrade I had been saving which is why I picked it up in store this morning.

I haven't had much of a chance to test a whole lot on it since I only had it for a couple hours before work. I'll mess around with it more tonight and in the morning and try to post a good review of it tomorrow before I leave for work.

Here is something that I found though. If you use 3rd party music apps like Slacker radio, which is 99% of my music, the music controls now work and automatically appear on the lockscreen while listening to music. Very convenient.
    Trooper likes this.
  10. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Is it a true Nexus or does it have T-Mobile crapware on it? I would think it is a true Nexus, but would like to know.
  11. chrlswltrs

It is exactly the same as the 16 GB one from Google play except it is locked to T-Mobile until you unlock it. They didn't pull a Verizon and put crapware on a nexus, the same as the last time they officially had a nexus.
  12. JunBringer

It's kinda obnoxious that they locked it, but I guess it's better than having bloatware etc.
  13. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

Locked in what sense? Like can't be rooted at all or is there a workaround?
  14. JunBringer

Locked in this context usually means it can't be used on an alternate carrier.
  15. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

I get it. Makes sense if you buy it subsidized they wouldn't want you to be able to ditch them unless you pay. I presume the $499 purchase would not be locked.
  16. chrlswltrs

It is still locked, but they may give you the unlock code right away, I'm not sure though. But why would anyone ever pay $499 for a phone that is $350 full retail on Google Play... Idk :confused:
  17. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Well-Known Member

Congrats! How is the camera? Its one of the sticking points for me, I'm not looking for a major wow factor but I'm wanting something that is on par with today's tech. If you get a chance can you snap a few indoor (for low light) and some scenic shots?
  18. chrlswltrs

I'll try to snap a few today, I haven't even got a chance to test the camera, but that is a very important thing on a phone for me also since it is the only camera I ever use
  19. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Just don't put on that skimpy swimsuit again and snap a few beefcake shots. I'm still paying for *that* therapy. ;)

Seriously, if you do indoor low light, could you post one with flash on and one with it off? Much appreciated. I'd be testing right now if i had mine. :rolleyes::mad:
  20. g_patrick15

g_patrick15 Well-Known Member

Question on a small issue that should have been changed when ICS launched: On the pattern lockscreen, are the circles still green? I personally feel like they should have made them blue to match the Holo theme. The green seems out of place, and it's one of the few things that ever stood out as out of place on 4.0 and above.
  21. chrlswltrs

Here are some pictures I just took. Cat picture is no flash.

Turned out pretty good, really impressed with the photo sphere also.

Attached Files:

alfick3 and lunatic59 like this.
  22. chrlswltrs

Yes they are still green. I agree, it seems out of place. Play store still has the green accents everywhere also.
  23. JunBringer

I'll probably be using HDR mode a lot of the time.
  24. adr8191

adr8191 Member

so your saying if i buy an UNLOCKED N4 from tmobile or google can i activate it on VZW?
  25. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

No. Verizon is a CDMA carrier. The Nexus requires a GSM carrier.