I got my Sprint Note 2!!! How about you.General

1. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

lol. I'm on verizon and called them this morning to see if they had a release date. all they have so far is "pre order". i live a mile from a V store and want to just walk in and buy one OTC. guess I have to wait a bit more...
  2. ren857

ren857 Well-Known Member

I got mine...well...both of them.

One in white, the other in grey. The white one is for me.

The grey one is for my husband who doesn't know he's getting one yet. It's a surprise!

I haven't had time to play with it yet. I had to go to work after I got them.

I can't believe that there is no multi-view window. :(
  3. desmofan

desmofan Well-Known Member

This phone looks amazing to me, the only thing holding me back is Samsung's subpar phone reception (at least from what I've heard from folks). Anybody with a Note 2 care to share their opinion of the phone's call quality?
  4. h1r0ll3r

h1r0ll3r Well-Known Member

Cruel, so very cruel and totally uncalled for.......
    [​IMG]
  5. benchsitter21

benchsitter21 Active Member

just got mine and man this thing is HUGE, but loving it
  6. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

no personal knowledge here, but I've read tons of reviews and they all have said quality is good to great and several said reception is good in areas that they personally have had issues on other phones. i take it all with a grain of salt, but at least I've not seen negative reviews on the quality of calls or reception.
  7. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Speaker and earpiece sound fine...better than the original Note IMHO. Unfortunately signal strength is the same as my Note, which is 10-15dBm worse than my Motorola Defy.
    dan330 likes this.
  8. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Sounds like a typical salesman :D
    Not saying that there isn't some small bit of truth to what he said but Flash Memory is much much less susceptible to a magnetic field than the old Hard Disks and Floppy Disks (even modern hard drives require a lab grade magnet to wipe data). There may be other small metal components that would be more susceptible to a magnetic field in a phone than the MicroSD or eMMC memory.

SanDisk Proof
    5,000 Gauss is the approx. magnetic power of a low end MRI machine.
    10,000 Gauss = 1 Tesla
    PiscesCloud and ScandaLeX like this.
  9. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Does you Defy have ICS or still on GB? If not ICS, it could be simply OS reading signal strength differently. ICS and JB are reading RSRP vs Froyo, GB reading RSSI (which is usually stronger number).

In case of CDMA/LTE phones, GB phones can show about 20dbm better strength than ICS phone for the equivalent signal. Not sure about GSM/HSPA+ phones though.
  10. SoulSmilen

SoulSmilen Well-Known Member

Swyping on my Note 2! :)

Have to go back to work though, so more later! Oh, it's awesome!
  11. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Was first at 9am, been setting my phone up how I like it! Didn't sign new contract paid $530. Got this stuff thrown in cause I'm special!!!!

[​IMG]
    eluno, Mkritzell and KOLIO like this.
  12. donniegood

donniegood Well-Known Member

I decided to run it naked in think I kind of want to go get the flip case though
  13. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

Don't limit yourself. I had to shake previous phone thoughts out my head to appreciate the button placement. In essence, it's not in a strange place. You will get used to the power button and here's why.

Samsung has an infinity for putting power on the right side. I can tell they did their very best to still take one handed use into consideration. When holding the phone in the left hand, the index finger is right there near the power button. If it were higher, reaching it would be an uncomfortable obstacle.

EXACTLY what I said in one of my post. 2 accessories. The box they were in wasn't any bigger than a shoe box.
  14. ScandaLeX

Took you both long enough to get here!!! :p
    Alma you should be beat with the box yours came in. No self respecting Note 2 user sets it up first. :D LOL!!!

I saw those *accessories* there but they're all universal. Anything that said Samsung was for the GS3.
  15. Fredrickhstn

Fredrickhstn Member

Got mine this am. Also picked up the flip case and the body glove, just wanted to try them out.
  16. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Sorry I was so excited!!!! :D
  17. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

I got mine this morning, too. I thought I would be the first one because I got there pretty early and figured with the size and price, there won't be that many chomping at the bit to get one. Well, unfortunately, I was wrong as I saw other cars pulling in. I rushed to get to the line, but due to my wheelchair (I wish the ramps are a bit more convenience) I was just a bit behind. I really thought the guy in front would let me in first, though. He seemed like a nice guy, but alas he didn't even bat an eye in my direction until after he got his.

BWAHAHAHA, sorry, I couldn't resist @ScandaLeX. Just pulling your leg (see what I did there)? ;)

I'm with @h1r0ll3r, we're crying in the back together. :(
  18. ScandaLeX

Haahahhhahahahaaahahaa!!!!! Touch
  19. ScandaLeX

LMAO!!!!!!! I thought you were going to say he let you go before him.
    THAT was just wrong but funny as hell on so many levels. :D
  20. ScandaLeX

Please don't say your store had one of each also.
    Did any of you get screen protectors? I didn't ask for one but the manager put it on my phone just to be nice.......I need to check my receipt to see if I paid for his niceness.
  21. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

I watched the CNET Torture Test of the Note 2, and it was fun. The drop from the outdoor stairs scratched the screen a bit, and drop from car to cement cracked the screen. Which wasn't surprising since the screen is so massive. I still would not get a screen protector, though (when I get mine).
  22. ScandaLeX

PLEASE post back once you give it to him. Better yet, hand it to him while being ready to capture him in burst shoot mode and post the pics. :D
    That should be priceless!!
    twospirits likes this.
  23. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

lol Sorry about that, but don't feel bad. I still haven't bought mine. Might this afternoon if I get a chance.

As for multiview- that really pisses me off. Come on Samsung wth.
    No Sim, no multiview and no screen recorder. Must xda do all the work for you. lol

Speaking of SIM card, I am trying to get confirmation from the makers of tweakker to see if their app works on embedded SIM card phones like the Note II, if it does, then we won't have to stress over it not being removable.

TS
    dan330 likes this.
  24. ScandaLeX

I wasn't going to get a screen protector but changed my mind. Went with the SGP Ultra Crystal. I was and still am hoping they make a tempered glass screen protector for the Note 2.
  25. SoulSmilen

SoulSmilen Well-Known Member

Better late than never! Hehe

I still haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it and set it up yet because I worked late and now I'm trying to get things ready for a Halloween party we're having Saturday. I've already neglected a lot of my duties being on the forums the last couple of days. My anti-geek husband doesn't understand and I've gotten a few lectures, even by text message. Haha

If you recall I wasn't even 100% sure I was going to get it, but I decided to go ahead and take the Samsung plunge. I think getting used to the whole Samsung experience is going to be more time consuming than getting use to Jelly Bean, I see a lot of things I like already over Sense. I didn't even sign into Google to load my contacts until 30 minites ago, and I'm trying to get a good feel for stock everything before I load apps. I feel like I need to be open to the changes and this is the best way to do just that. I really really really miss my cursors though, that may be the first thing I have to do.

Sighhhh.. I guess I need to stop playing and get busy, so I'm going to go read a few more posts and then get to work.

More to come... Note 2 lover signing off for now!