I got notification for Froyo update this morning but....

Last Updated:

1. h3rmanmunst3r

h3rmanmunst3r Member This Topic's Starter

Since I was rooted I was a little scared to do OTA update. I had heard that it was possible to brick my phone if I accepted it. So I did the simple unroot method and upon reboot I expected to be able to update to Froyo...

Not the case...I have yet to get the notification again after about 1.5 hrs. I was so happy too this morning when I saw it. Worst part?? I forgot to backup my contacts...fml.

Advertisement
  2. mik0r

mik0r Well-Known Member

I was rooted when I tried to do the OTA also, it failed because it tries to patch CityID which I had removed. I just ran the downgrade ROM then downloaded the Update.zip from google to get froyo again (theres posts with links to the official Update.zip OTA that verizon is pushing which is the same thing as actually getting the push from Verizon). update went smooth, im re-rooted on 2.2 and back to normal.

If you have NAND backup you can just restore and then grab the contacts/settings. Personally I use the Verizon contact sync service so that never happens to me.

3. h3rmanmunst3r

h3rmanmunst3r Member This Topic's Starter

i'm pretty sure I did a NAND backup when I first rooted. How to I do a restore? Do I just boot into recovery and restore from there?

Also, I'm more concerned about getting Froyo than anything. Any idea why I'm not receiving notification again? Is it because it already sent to my phone once but now recognizes my phone differently or what?! idk...im a little depressed right now lol.