• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I got one! Anyone else?

i tried playing with it for around 10 mins at the store today.
Without thinking about the software at all, just looking at the aesthetics of the phone, i think its beautiful. Small enough, thin, and stylish.

However the screen's resolution was just terrible. From the wallpaper i could see pixels and shades of colors.. i watched the sample videos on the phone and it was blocky and felt like the older phones.

as the legend sample phone was just next to it, i played with the legend for a while too. The wildfire felt really slow and laggy, when moving across the 7 screens of the sense interface.

the one thing better than the legend are the touch buttons. looks much more cleaner, and probably wont have malfunctions as the buttons on the legend would have.

If they had used AMOLED with 320x480 resolution and
at least Qualcomm MSM7227 600MHz or higher, this phone would have been a win win. i love the size, look, and design of the phone, but the speed and screen just killed any interest i had for it.

Upvote 0
Got mine yesterday, and whilst it hasn't got the screen and resolution of it's more expensive brothers this is a cool smartphone. Scrolling through the various homescreens is still a breeze with the Wildfire, and calling up various settings and apps is fairly slick. Been using this for around 24 hours with very decent results. The battery life seems pretty good, the wifi hasn't dropped out on me and the signal reception is very good(compared with the Legend). So in my case for

Upvote 0
Got mine yesterday, and whilst it hasn't got the screen and resolution of it's more expensive brothers this is a cool smartphone. Scrolling through the various homescreens is still a breeze with the Wildfire, and calling up various settings and apps is fairly slick. Been using this for around 24 hours with very decent results. The battery life seems pretty good, the wifi hasn't dropped out on me and the signal reception is very good(compared with the Legend). So in my case for

Upvote 0
Had mine just over a week now and I'm really liking this phone.

It's my first foray into the world of smartphones and android phones and as I wanted to cut my bill down the Desire wasn't really an option.

However, the wildfire does all i want it to, when i want it to and with minimal fuss. I don't find browsing too bad but then i've not used any other smartphones to compare it with...but it's certainly not a chore.

Great little (big) phone.

Upvote 0
I am impressed with mine so far, only had it 24 hours. However it gets really hot. Does any one elses do this? Not sure if this is a fault or just how the handset is. Only have to be talking on the phone for 2 mins and already too hot to really have near your ear?

Had mine since Monday and haven't experienced it heating up at all. If it gets too hot to have near your ear i would suggest getting it replaced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones