I got root....How do u save apps directly onto sd card ???

Last Updated:

1. MozyMoe

MozyMoe Active Member This Topic's Starter

well,

i finally got my fone fixed and i deleted diner dash2 and telenav and amazonmp3 immediatly after i rooted the behold 2 , but now i would like to know how to run apps from my sd card ? i figured out how to get them there but .....Now what?i cant install terminal emulator either.

i want to do it this way so i do not use up the space on the fone.For some reason i think it will start going slow again if i dont. any advice on what your setups are ??what have you safely removed ? is it ok to remove MyFavs ? how about the cube ?

is there anything todo to speed it up a lil, ? or make it so it doesnt slow down at all ? thanx.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Advertisement
  2. bangsters

bangsters Well-Known Member

yea i also have this question... or is it not possible? this is one of the main reasons i ditched my BB 8900, I got a new SD only to find out it's striclty for media files. hopefully that's not the case with BH2

3. tritran18518

tritran18518 Well-Known Member

I have a question: " run* apps directly *from* sd card " mean what ?

4. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

I believe you need a ROM that supports App2SD. We don't have it yet, but stay tuned.

5. psychoace

psychoace Well-Known Member

6. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

That means your apps that you download would run off of the external sd card rather than now where it runs of the limited 200mb on board memory which would only give you like 30-50apps where as an external sd card would allow you to have the whole library of android apps depending on the size of the sd card of course.

7. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Is this really an issue? Android doesn't have that many memory intensive apps as it is and most apps store the needed add-on files on your sd card anyway.

I guess it depends on how many apps you really use.

8. bangsters

bangsters Well-Known Member

my concern with putting too many apps in the built in storage is will it not slow down the phone, or have to few ram left to run the apps? with pc's that's one of the major bottlenecks, insufficient ram, and i'm not sure if installing the apps in internal ram will result to this as well.....

...i'm starting to go install-trigger-happy lol...

9. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

I had 89 apps (I know size is vastly different among them) running before I ODIN'ed with no slowness. From my understanding, linux only loads apps that are running into memory, and makes good use of all available memory to run or reserve space for programs. Worry about it when you get the triangle warning in your notification bar.

10. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

The built in storage is separate from the phone's RAM. Apps are not installed to RAM.

The confusion is that when apps and info sheets refer to the device's "memory" they are really referring to the user accessible ROM or "built in storage". RAM rarely makes it to spec sheets or app info anymore.

Installing extra apps won't cause you to loose RAM, that is unless you are running more apps at once.

As for apps2sd, that seems to require a custom ROM to be enabled. People here are working on making that possible but its still a ways off.