I Got the Update Notification...Support

1. sjvirchow

sjvirchow Well-Known Member

This morning I woke up to my phone saying that there's an update now avaliable. My phone is running StarScROM and CWM. I hit reboot to install the update but it just rebooted into CWM.

Will flashing back to stock get rid of CWM and allow me to update my phone?

EDIT: I backed up my phone and completely restored back to stock, and went to Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Update Firmware, but it said there was no update avaliable. And CWM was still on my phone because I could restore back to the image I was using before I went back to stock.

Hmm...

Advertisement
  2. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

You have to Odin to stock first and wait for the update to come for your phone again.
  3. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

You'll want to choose the option to "update samsung software" not the firmware one.
  4. sjvirchow

Didn't work, it says "You're software is currently up to date." I'm waiting until a user here posts a pre-rooted CWM version tonight.
  5. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

Oh well it was worth a try. Sorry it didn't work for you.
  6. Scottie2400

Scottie2400 Member

Everything is updated on my phone... but now wi fi doesn't work... any helpful suggestions????
  7. sjvirchow

Interesting... I'm not the person to ask, anything I'd say would probably brick your phone. I don't know all the ins and outs of Android and how it works.
  8. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

Lol! Don't say that man, it's a bad omen, but everyone has a little room for learning, that's what all this shiznit is about... :p