• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] I Gotta Ask a Question about the "SUPER ROM"

The Thing is, What can we Possibly Do that isnt already done...

Here we make reality fade into dreams, and dreams become reality -Dm47021

Tomorrow sir that's my signature... lol welcome aboard. I figured I could count on you being In dm. Wow aosp team rom for the warp typing it just makes me shutter. And to think I could take place in helping maintain it. Looks like dreams to become reality - a modified version of dm47021's quote by Dizzle1

Upvote 0
Tomorrow sir that's my signature... lol welcome aboard. I figured I could count on you being In dm. Wow aosp team rom for the warp typing it just makes me shutter. And to think I could take place in helping maintain it. Looks like dreams to become reality - a modified version of dm47021's quote by Dizzle1

Dont get too excited. Quite a ways from it yet. but i have all stock GB apps AOSP 2.3.5 Compiled by me for the warp.

Just cant use the framework..yet

Upvote 0
MAN!!!!!!! I think I really stirred the pot this time! Go for it Guys!!!!!!!! I wanna see LIL on
the sideline as a cheerleader! ;) lol
You all can do it. Build it, and they will come!

You can make it stronger, faster, able to reach cell towers from mars.We need you, Us Warpies need you, Your country needs you.
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is..........THE BIONIC WARP!
Good Luck Gentlemen.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
MAN!!!!!!! I think I really stirred the pot this time! Go for it Guys!!!!!!!! I wanna see LIL on
the sideline as a cheerleader! ;) lol
You all can do it. Build it, and they will come!

You can make it stronger, faster, able to reach cell towers from mars.We need you, Us Warpies need you, Your country needs you.
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is..........THE BIONIC WARP!
Good Luck Gentlemen.

That's a good thing sb, cause Ima bout to stir it some more!!!:D Lets get this party started people!!!:thrasher::rock:

Upvote 0
Give me a few hours or so, ill have a Super Clean, Near Aosp Base Rom To use for this project

I think we are all holding our breaths for a new base ROM, aosp would be neat, anything to get us further away from the boost/zte 2.3.5...

that said, I still think the real breakthrough will be to get a kernel/ROM working that takes us further down the road like a cm based kernel so we can really see some changes vs needing to continue trying to replicate the functionality that's native to the future aosp versions of android.

Upvote 0

So, I was thinking... what would we call it? First I thought obvious... like "Phoenix" or something. I figured it fits, since this phone has been pronounced dead by several... yet through this ROM it would reinvent itself to live once again. But Phoenix is kinda cliche and it's used for so many things... so no. Then I thought of "Pyre" which is the thing the Phoenix died upon in legend... but then I read what you wrote here, and it hit me. Reality gets my vote :)

Upvote 0
I must say, iam quite bored with the regular Copy and paste Roms. Ive been building everything from source anymore. i have built cm7, cm9, cm10, Aosp 2.3.5, Aosp 2.3.7, Miui. Kernel after Kernel Lol.

Ill Take Dibs On Kernel And Some other Core elements.

Damn.. Now to think up a new kernel...wtf lol

I agree... there's only so much you can do when building software like this. It's more like hacking and editing than true developing. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think we'd all like to see a little more than that here. I'm not sure how deep we could go, but I'd like to see the Warp get it's own dedicated ROM - coded, tweaked and optimized right from the start in the code itself. With your help, DM, I think we can get there :)

The only hard part will be outdoing yourself for a new kernel! lol

Upvote 0
Do we have a plan...

I think we can say a resounding "Yes!" to that!

...Iam thinking something Beautiful, Simple, and Elegant. Miui Ish
if that makes any sense

Yes, it makes total sense - and not the HTC kind! I like those three attributes. Together they'll make one rockin' ROM :D

Upvote 0
So, I was thinking... what would we call it? First I thought obvious... like "Phoenix" or something. I figured it fits, since this phone has been pronounced dead by several... yet through this ROM it would reinvent itself to live once again. But Phoenix is kinda cliche and it's used for so many things... so no. Then I thought of "Pyre" which is the thing the Phoenix died upon in legend... but then I read what you wrote here, and it hit me. Reality gets my vote :)

Lol could go with what I was planning for mine. R.A.W.R. Really?!? Another Warp Rom

Upvote 0
Lol could go with what I was planning for mine. R.A.W.R. Really?!? Another Warp Rom

Merc. I have the. Source code for everything on this phone lol. With that. We are in complete control. As for aosp I have both pure Google 2.3.5 and 2.3.7 both built and booting. But as you know alot of things don't work yet. I am gonna try and smali the ril into the framework. As well as some other things.

Upvote 0
I think we are all holding our breaths for a new base ROM, aosp would be neat, anything to get us further away from the boost/zte 2.3.5...

that said, I still think the real breakthrough will be to get a kernel/ROM working that takes us further down the road like a cm based kernel so we can really see some changes vs needing to continue trying to replicate the functionality that's native to the future aosp versions of android.

I can probably work on that lol.

Upvote 0
Merc. I have the. Source code for everything on this phone lol. With that. We are in complete control. As for aosp I have both pure Google 2.3.5 and 2.3.7 both built and booting. But as you know alot of things don't work yet. I am gonna try and smali the ril into the framework. As well as some other things.

It's posts like this that make me wish there was an I love it button instead of just a like one lol

Then let's do this! Can you send me a link to 2.3.7? I just wanna see how it runs as-is.

Upvote 0
It's posts like this that make me wish there was an I love it button instead of just a like one lol

Then let's do this! Can you send me a link to 2.3.7? I just wanna see how it runs as-is.

might not be able to do it tonight. internet is messin up.
its got ome isuues, i gotta get ril working first and foremost

Upvote 0
OK, since I got this ball rolling, and mine got "KILLED" today, how about, "WARP RISEN"?
Or Warp Rebirth, or Scott's Rom (LOL)...,..or "Just The Most Bad Ass Rom There Is"! lolololo .... too
funny!
........But I do like "Scott's Rom"

Upvote 0
OK, since I got this ball rolling, and mine got "KILLED" today, how about, "WARP RISEN"?
Or Warp Rebirth, or Scott's Rom (LOL)...,..or "Just The Most Bad Ass Rom There Is"! lolololo .... too
funny!
........But I do like "Scott's Rom"

Not sure for an official name, but the project codename could be the JAMBA ROM- Just About the Most Bad A** ROM lol

Reactions: sb43
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones