I gotta say

Last Updated:

1. screennamie

screennamie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've just tried flashing kaosfroyo v29 and I'm really not a big fan of 2.2

Whats the whole point :confused: Theres no flash. I'm going back to my old naand.

Other than it being somewhat faster I really don't get the big to do about it.

Nothing against the devs.. gotta give kudos to the guys for making it what it is. Looks great but ADW and Launcher both need a lot of tweaking.

And I come back to another original discussion why pay the 3 bucks for widgets that are free in sense. :rolleyes:

And as soon as I flash 29, 30 comes out. Any ways keep up the good work but froyo just aint for me, i likes my free widgets.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

First of all, I hate Flash, so the lack of Flash in the Froyo ROMs so far is no big deal to me. Meanwhile, the gmail app is much better than 2.1, and I spend a lot of time there, and it's really nice to be able to update all of the apps in the market in one click (and some automatically) rather than having to update them one after the other.

For me, the Sense launcher bogs my phone down that it's not worth it, and I was only using a few of the widgets, all of which I replaced with free alternatives.

But, that's me, you are you, and that's what's great about all of this: we all get to choose what's best for us, rather than accepting somebody else's cookie-cutter with no alternatives.

3. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

i just need MMS to be more stable before i make the switch.

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

FWIW, I received an MMS message perfectly in kaos froyo (v30) this afternoon. It was from another VZW customer (well, my wife), but no problems with it at all.

5. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I sent an MMS to my sister who has an iPhone and she received it. Haven't tried receiving MMS though.

6. rick311

well then, looks like im flashing tonight and testing this for myself!

7. Duffman3005

Duffman3005 Active Member

At this point v30 is as smooth, fast, and sexy as is. Everything's pretty much been fixed (Camera preview, mms, softkeylights, etc). The major thing I notice is the improved battery life compared to sense, I could go almost 2 days on a full charge.

8. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Did you use Titanium Backup to restore SMS/MMS/Dialer settings? I did and it caused my MMS receive issue. I reflashed v30 and did not restore the setting and now I can use MMS.

9. kmp542

kmp542 Member

Been using KaosFroyo V30 since it came out and everything works for me. Its also faster than any other rom i've tried and i've tried a lot:cool:

10. rick311

mope. did a nandroid backup, factory reset, and then flashed. installed handcent and received an MMS! im diggin this rom. its awesome.

11. emunny

emunny Well-Known Member

2.2 is the sh*t dont even know why people would wanna go back to 2.1, sense is wack and with kaos always on the ball this rom is gonna turn into a fully stable day to day rom with no problems v30 is so smooth and crisp.
    2.2 FTW

12. gpa111

gpa111 Well-Known Member

I dont know why anyone would want to use 2.1. I use Tazz froyo, and I don't even consider 2.1 anymore. 2.2 is fast, there is no argument about task killers, my battery lasts me a whole day on 40% and I really dont like sense...

:)

13. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

The only problem I have, actually an annoyance, is the lack of shutter sound on the camera. Don't know why, but it bugs me that it doesn't click or anything.

Am I missing a setting? Tried searching here and XDA to no avail...

PS - KAOSfroyo v30. 24 hours with moderate use (couple of calls, half a dozen texts, Facebook a few time, and foursquare) and I'm at 78% battery

14. rick311

damn, i ditched the rom because i was getting horrible battery life. well, not horrible. about a day's worth, but with my stock 2.1 i get almost 2 days from moderate/heavy use.