I guess I need to be a more loyal customer.

Last Updated:

1. The Third

The Third Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have had an account with GTE MobilNet/ Verizon for nearly 11 years. I have had as many as five phone lines on my account at times. Currently I only have 3. I have purchased from Verizon a Motorola Bag Phone; three Motorola Star Taks; two Motorola V-60s; multiple Motorola Razrs; one Motorola Krzrs; one Motorola Max VE and one Motorola Droid that I purchased less than ten days from when it was released. Yet I have not received an OTA from either Verizon or Motorola. Damn I guess I need to be a more loyal customer.

Advertisement
  2. teschoen

teschoen Well-Known Member

I got my OTA today. It isn't all that great.

3. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

I wonder how they determine who gets it when. I got the update notice today and didn't get my phone until the end of december.

4. RandolphNY

RandolphNY Well-Known Member

I thought I would have it this morning, but oh, well....Its just like the lottery, Hey, you never know!

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Have you made any human sacrifices at the Motorola blood altar? That might be your problem.

6. The Third

The Third Active Member This Topic's Starter

To be honest I am not that upset that I did not get the OTA yet. From what I read it is much a do about nothing. Now I must admit I would love to get Flash on my Droid.
    I just wanted to rant. Oh did I mention that I have a daughter who is a manager with AT&T and has tried to entice me to switch with a brand new
    I Phone 3 GS? The idea of a blood sacrifice never crossed my mine.That must be the real reason I have been passed over for the OTA

7. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

wait, you haven't even gotten 2.0.1?

8. droidftw

droidftw Well-Known Member

I've had 3 droid in last 3 days due to problems with update. All of them got it but all but last one worked woth it. I got lucky snd unlucky.

9. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

You thought you'd get an early OTA update because you were a customer for 11 years? Wow... not everything is about seniority. Even if it was, how do you know Verizon isn't using the "early adopters" as a guinea pig so that you--a loyal customer--don't have to worry about headaches a few weeks down the line?

10. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

I got mine Friday morning.... The trick is complain alot have the phone exchanged 6 times in 3 monthes, and then leave a bad report to their little how am I doing survey LOL

11. Berkshire5

Berkshire5 Active Member

It would be interesting to hear how Verizon determines who gets the update first and who doesn't, but 11 years is pretty impressive. :)

12. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

They fire 500 rounds into a very very big target. On the target is a number associated to a Droid user.