• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I had an entertaining time with Sprint's Chat Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom worked in call service so her daughter would not have to. It is just really sad to see someone aggressively push for the wrong answer, then glorify themselves when they get it.

IT might be her first day, she could have a really bad day, or she could have no idea why this person keeps drilling her for something she already answered. It is just sad.

I worked in a contact service job before, and I agree it aint easy, very stressful environment, trying to meet metrics and all that. It's not her fault she doesn't have the answers, it's the contact center's fault. It's a good thing I came from a great company that trained us before any questions were asked. We usually trained for a whole 2 weeks long before anything was announced. And when it came, we were prepared. Same should hold true for any customer service centers.

Upvote 0
Well I work in a call center and I think that is cruel and mean. I know how that feels when people treat someone like that because I deal with it on a regular basis. I can see asking a question, but drilling her like that to purposely confuse her is mean. Just like River said, it could have been her first time, and I do think she did a good job at keeping her professionalism. Geesh. Sprint hasn't even really started advertising for the phone yet, at least wait until then.

Reactions: cesjr02
Upvote 0
I usually deal with it. And if it's not the customer who will drill me, it would be a quality assurance officer who will disguise themselves to make us sweat. Luckily we dealt with it and we were prepared. You see you can either be prepared or not. And I have to say this again: It's not the CSR/TSR's fault if they weren't prepared for the question. It was the contact center's fault for not giving them the right tools.

Upvote 0
And I have to say this again: It's not the CSR/TSR's fault if they weren't prepared for the question. It was the contact center's fault for not giving them the right tools.

You can say it all you want but you weren't rude to the contact center, you were rude to the girl. You were posting this thinking it would get a laugh and it didn't.

Reactions: Bujin
Upvote 0
Ugh, what a nerd.
I hate people who have nothing better to do than to go and ruin other people's days.
Working in a call center is a job, not a career. It's not like they got a BA in phones and electronics before getting the job.

I hope whatever job you have involves dealing with people and some loser comes and gives you a hard time too.
Get a life, seriously.

Reactions: misterzeno
Upvote 0
Wow......You need a hobby man. A half hour chat with Sprint to find out something you already know. You do sound like an ass too and I find it funny how you try and justify what you were doing. I especially liked how you pretty much threatened her by telling her you had the chat ID when she gave you the wrong info. Why don't you buy the damn phone and I will give you the $10/month if you are that cheap. What a loser.......get a life pal!!

Upvote 0
And I have to say this again: It's not the CSR/TSR's fault if they weren't prepared for the question. It was the contact center's fault for not giving them the right tools.

It's really not your business to make sure they, "know the product." Let the contact center worry about the training of their employees. And if you're still not satisfied with Sprint's customer support you can always take your business elsewhere. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.

If you were trying to help it really didn't come off that way.

Reactions: misterzeno
Upvote 0
she sure must be a pissed CSR after talking to you. I feel you shouldn't have told her you knew and were just playing around.

Ditto. Would be great to hear "more" than the company line...but if her company has only given her that line to use, the fault is not on the CSR...but that of the company.

The rep showed due diligence the way I'm sure they were trained to do. She could have just ended the call with the "Dan Hesse qoute".

Upvote 0
The lack of information is staggering. If Sprint is going to announce a product then they need to clarify all the aspects of it. Then they need to relay it to there people in a clear way.

This trial and error stuff is not cutting it. I have a feeling that Sprint is very vague in information to feel out how it will be taken.

If this fee is mandatory (which know one seems to know 100%) then I will be one that skips on the phone to save money. Especially since I need 2 phones.

Upvote 0
It's really not your business to make sure they, "know the product." Let the contact center worry about the training of their employees. And if you're still not satisfied with Sprint's customer support you can always take your business elsewhere. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing.

If you were trying to help it really didn't come off that way.

I have to agree with you, it's not my business to make sure they know the product. And I acted like a jerk. The moment the Evo comes out, I'll be testing it, and if I think it's not worth the money or a better service is out there, I would be more than happy to switch before the 30 days is over. Brand loyalty isn't my strongest trait. :)

Upvote 0
And even more important, the time (33 minutes!) he WASTED "testing" her she could have been helping someone who REALLY needed her help. The fact he found it "entertaining" clearly exposes his motive.

You can rant all you like. The fact still remains, they were not prepared for this product they have unveiled. If she underwent training she would have had all the answers, and she wouldn't be in that position. Would you think I she would remember this incident a month from now? I don't think so. Contact center representatives deals with a lot of customers and chances are there are people a lot ruder than me. They deal with it. Like everyone in the customer service business. And yes I think it was entertaining. It's basically the same way we listen to trouble customer calls in training. It was entertaining but at the same time we learn what not to do as well as what to do in these certain circumstances.

But most of all, I agree with everyone, she has dealt with in the most professional manner, which should be the case for contact centers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones