I had something unusual happen

Last Updated:

1. phazz

phazz Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure how to fix it. Before it happened, I was rooted with a Cyanogen rom on 1.6. I also had a black and green theme on. I went to install a new rom called "OpenEclair". I downloaded it, placed it in my sdcard root folder, and tried to install it. I had an installation error and it aborted. At this point, I figured ok, I'll just reboot. It kept me at the G1 screen for over 25 minutes, so I knew something was wrong. So no matter what I did from here on out (trying to perform a backup restoration, flash a different rom, etc), I would be stuck on the G1 screen. Finally, I flashed a JesusFreke rom and it let my phone come back on, so I haven't tried anything since. However, this rom is ANDROID 1.1. It sucks. Is there any way I can get back to either where I started, or even get this OpenEclair 2.1 rom working properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading.

EDIT: When I try to install the OpenEclair rom (before and after downgrade) it will say
    E:Can't chown/mod /system/xbin/librank
    *No such file or directory)
    D:Failure at line 221:
    set perm 0 0 06755 SYSTEM:xbin/librank
    Installation aborted.

Press Home+Back to reboot

Advertisement
  2. drpc

drpc New Member

i have no iea but thanks ill leave my phone as is and let t-mobile send the updates as usual

3. phazz

Everything was fine until I had to go and push my limits, haha. I'm just super excited about some of these new roms with their capabilities.

4. damnmad

damnmad Well-Known Member

Did you wipe everything at every step? If not, wipe now, and you should be able to flash OpenEclair. On a G1 it's not worth it though. I suggest sticking with CM.

5. phazz

I found out what it was. I didn't have the danger spl installed. Once I did, I wiped, and loaded a rom, and bam!
    However:
    Is there a way to backup all my apps/contacts/texts before wiping and flashing a new rom?

6. damnmad

damnmad Well-Known Member

Maaaan, c'mon that's always the first step.
    So anyways yup MyBackup has worked for me. No need to buy full version. Use the trial.

7. phazz

Sorry, I'm noob-ish.
    Thanks though!:)

8. Blkg1

Blkg1 Member

Another option is to use Amon Ra as your recovery image. The current version has both BART and nandroid built into it that will allow you to make a backup of your current ROM which will have all your apps, contacts, text, everything that you had on there before, that way if you dont like the ROM that you just downloaded you can go back and restore.