I had to buy a moment...

Last Updated:

1. droidwrx

droidwrx New Member This Topic's Starter

So today I woke up with a big smile on my face, eager with excitement due to my evo-anticipation! I got out of bed, and went down to my local radioshack. I had pre-ordered and my RS is pretty hidden so I figured there wasn't going to be a line or anything like that. So I get there and there is only one other guy waiting and he didn't even pre-order. So the reps open the door and they tell us the bad news...the evo's didnt come in. WTF. Its not like I live in the freaking boondocks, I live in a suburb of L.A.! I asked him if he could call nearby RS and apparently they got them but most had opened early and had sold out already by 9:30. So he heard that the sprint system is down and pretty much told me that I should just get a replacement phone until then so I can have my account and number and it will be faster when I exchange the fone. I ended up getting a samsung moment and this thing is SLOW. ugghh FML.
    Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. joeyv69ragtop

joeyv69ragtop Member

So he told you the sprint system was down, but then activated a different phone for you anyway? ok.

I imagine the moment is considerably slower than the EVO but I heard it was a faster than the Hero. If the EVO had not come out I would have gone with the moment. I like the ability to use the onscreen KB or the slide KB.

You should be able to bring the moment back and exchange it for an EVO within 30 days. good luck.

3. seigex

seigex Well-Known Member

come out to Riverside, the sprint store got 100 of them and by 10am they only sold 30... i'm sure you can get one there

4. avengence

avengence Well-Known Member

There are a lot of these phones out there. There were only 4 other people in line with me and they had way more in stock.

5. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Sears is selling them also.