• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have 2.3.4 and I live in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is for those that received the 2.3.4 OTA. Post where you live so those around you can wonder why they didn't get it and try everything in their power to get it. Suckas!

Montgomery, AL around 4:00am.

MODS KILL THIS...KILL THIS NOW. With FIRE!!

Location has nothing to do with the update. Infact it's just the opposite, they specifically choose an ordering that is randomly distrubuted so it doesn't overload the network in specific spots. They spread it out so that as many towers as possible are being used, and each tower is only handling a small number of updates. You can imagine that sending out 90MB files to every incredible in Alabama simultaneously would do horrible things to the network.

Upvote 0
Location has nothing to do with the update. Infact it's just the opposite, they specifically choose an ordering that is randomly distrubuted so it doesn't overload the network in specific spots. They spread it out so that as many towers as possible are being used, and each tower is only handling a small number of updates. You can imagine that sending out 90MB files to every incredible in Alabama simultaneously would do horrible things to the network.

This:)

By all means we could have a 'Did you get GB yet thread?' with a poll in it. (little too early for that IMO)
I believe the official update thread is fine for now for these kinds of posts. IF people want to post that they got it and say where they are then fine, but don't wanna mislead people in thinking that location actually matters.

Thanks for understanding

NightAngel79

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones