I have 2 mail notifications for every email I get?

Last Updated:

1. jjj_85

jjj_85 New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently picked up the HTC hero and love it so far. My only complaints are battery life and the fact I did something wrong when setting up my yahoo mail. As far as the battery goes there is nothing wrong, I was just used to a regular flip phone. I just charge this every night now.

I have been lurking here for a long time and finally picked up my first smartphone and LOVE IT. This site has helped me in so many ways already.

When I set up my yahoo mail using the (other(POP3/IMAP)) setting and I got a call in the middle of it and started over. I actually ended up entering my yahoo mail twice on accident. They both work perfectly fine. So I get a notification twice for every one email I get. Completely my fault and not the phones in any way, but either way I cant figure out how to delete one of them. One is named Yahoo and the other jjj_85, my account name. I have dug through every option I can think of and searched on here and came up with nothing. All the options are just to modify the accounts I set up already. Any ideas on how to delete one of them? Hopefully I just overlooked something simple.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I am a noob when it comes to smart phones, Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

This should fix your problem...

Tap your mail icon>Then make sure you are signed into the account you want to delete(easy way to do this is hit the "down" arrow button in the top right corner, it should give you a list of accounts to use)>menu>more>settings>Delete account. Finished :D

jjj_85 likes this.
  3. Master Nate LV

Master Nate LV New Member

I had this same issue. My issue was caused by having my GMail account polled by two different apps. I deleted one of the apps and no longer had an issue!

4. jjj_85

jjj_85 New Member This Topic's Starter

Wow... I was looking so hard on all the other menus I didn't even look at the bottom of the main mail one.

Thanks!!!