I have a ? about the sequent and JB 4.1General

Last Updated:

1. timghorton

timghorton Well-Known Member

Hello all, first of all I have searched the forums and found no answer so I thought I would ask right here.

I currently have a galaxy rush but want to return it for a warp sequent but I am concerned about JB 4.1 cause the rush is getting according to samsung in a few months.

BUT

When I called ZTE today about my ? they said it's up to the service provider to release 4.1 JB to the warp, is that correct or is up to ZTE to release it.

I just want to make sure I have a jb ready phone that is future proof for the next year or so.

My apologies if I didn't put this in the right place.

Tim

Advertisement
  2. 12PKWILLUS

12PKWILLUS Well-Known Member

Good luck getting an answer. Most of the lower end cell phone mfgr's don't update their phones, they just make new ones to force you to buy them, if you want updated software. Take the ZTE Warp for example. Can handle ICS, but they aren't going to release it. They want you to drop more money and buy a new phone.
  3. croy2007

croy2007 Resident Punisher

People are working on cm10, which is based off of JB, for both the og warp and warp sequant.
  4. jetx2x

jetx2x Well-Known Member Developer

Fyi... zte is contractually bound by boost... it prevented them from upgrading the og warp to ics... same deal with the sequent... if boost allows you can possibly see jb otherwise you will have to sit tight until the devs finish up cm10
  5. timghorton

timghorton Well-Known Member

I just got a tweet response from ZTE USA CORP."The warp sequent will be updated to jelly bean in quarter 2 2013 it will be a over the air update"
  6. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

it is possible considering right now the S2 and the sequent are boost's flagship phones. and the most powerful devices on the carrier. so we could see an update to 4.1
  7. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

yea, dream on lol. dont get your hopes up guys, even if they did release it, which i doubt, itll be the buggiest thing youll ever see in your life, all the problems original stock had were nothing compared to the b09 update, imagine what the upgrade to jb would do to it

hopefully by that time tho, we will already have jb :p
    mysticspiral likes this.
  8. junkie2100

technically, we already do have jb, its just slightly malfunctional lol
  9. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

I got a answer that the formal JB version will be released recently, within one month.

Any geek guys here can ask this technical support from ZTE for the source code?
  10. 12PKWILLUS

12PKWILLUS Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere this is documented? I would love to see this.
    mysticspiral likes this.
  11. junkie2100

they may not be contractually bound this time, or maybe they werent in the first place they just said that to shut people up. who knows, they say that they are coming out with jb, but ill believe it when i see it, and may god have mercy on any poor soul who actually puts it on their phone :X but yea, as far as source code they wont give it to us, they seem to have some sort of problem with letting us fix their crapped up software