• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I have a couple of questions...

TMAKDroid

Lurker
Feb 27, 2010
I am confused about the whole wiping the cache and data. I don't know exactly what cache and data are and that's why I'm confused. Do u have to wipe all data and cache before u switch roms, if not what happens? I am afraid of losing all of my apps and contacts even tho my gmail will restore my contacts how do I know if it has the contacts saved and how would I get my apps back? One more thing, do u have to make more than one backup if u already have one that u r happy with? Thanks for your help. :D

If you are using Smoked Glass 4.5 and want to go to 5.0.1 then just download the upgrade.zip and install that way... you won't lose anything then.. just install the update.zip on the root of your sd card then go to install in SPRecovery and click allow update.zip install and then click on install from sd card

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones