I have a couple of questions...

Last Updated:

1. TMAKDroid

TMAKDroid Member This Topic's Starter

I am confused about the whole wiping the cache and data. I don't know exactly what cache and data are and that's why I'm confused. Do u have to wipe all data and cache before u switch roms, if not what happens? I am afraid of losing all of my apps and contacts even tho my gmail will restore my contacts how do I know if it has the contacts saved and how would I get my apps back? One more thing, do u have to make more than one backup if u already have one that u r happy with? Thanks for your help. :D

Advertisement
  2. TMAKDroid

Can anyone help me out with this? I'm waitin to upgrade to smoked glass 5.0.1 until I learn how to do it correctly so I would really appriciate it if someone could take a minute and help me out. Thanks.

3. Ninthwonder

Ninthwonder Well-Known Member

You don't have to make more then one back up unless you want to.... if you wipe data you will have to redownload your apps but they are located in the market.. unless you use Mybackuppro to back up your apps and restore them that way...

4. TMAKDroid

What about my contacts and how exactly do I just upgrade my current smoked glass rom?

5. Ninthwonder

Ninthwonder Well-Known Member

If you are using Smoked Glass 4.5 and want to go to 5.0.1 then just download the upgrade.zip and install that way... you won't lose anything then.. just install the update.zip on the root of your sd card then go to install in SPRecovery and click allow update.zip install and then click on install from sd card