I have a couple of ?sGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If this phone is supposed to be so awesome then why are there hardly any commercials or why isn't it on tv shows, there is hardly any talk about it at all.

Advertisement
  2. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

Horrible marketing doesn't imply horrible phone. And sadly awesome phone doesn't mean awesome marketing.

3. mills23

Some how i just feel cheated.

4. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

I see commercials for it all the time.

5. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Very true! But I have seen two different commercials for it popping up more often recently. But I'm thinking that they are holding back because they can't fill the orders they have now and are afraid to disappoint new customers that may want to switch to Verizon just because of this phone. Good way to alienate them for life.

And from what we hear, the phone shortage is not Verizon's fault, but rather HTC's poor planning.

6. roadhoop

roadhoop Member

As Musky says I am sure VZW would love have a stronger marketing push for this great phone. But, because of supply and resulting back order situations they have a catch 22 in over building demand.

Anybody hearing if the supply issues are normalizing?

7. mills23

I just keep looking at their wesite and they keep pushing it back farther and farther.

8. roadhoop

roadhoop Member

So sad... Such a great phone is going to miss its moment in the sun as new, better models roll out.

9. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

In the past month, I'd say the marketing push for this phone is 2x that of the iPhone. Seems like all the Droid commercials are now focusing on the Incredible instead of the Moto Droid. As far as TV shows go, I barely notice the cell phones people use, and I've never seen a show where they explicitly call out "on my iphone" or anything to that effect. I have noticed other products shamelessly plugged in the middle of a show.

10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Actually - from what I've read Samsung is at the root of the problem - they're the supplier of the screens which is holding everything up.

11. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Yes, I read that also, but ultimately, they are HTC's suppliers, and HTC's Design and assembling departments should have had these kind of issues worked out when they contracted with them. It seems to me they didn't place a large enough initial order with Samsung, or at least they could have gotten a guarantee from them that they could meet future demands.

This is all just my opinion of course :eek:

12. mikeb13

mikeb13 Member

I have seen the Incredible commercial where the paint is flying onto the TV screens several times throughout thr NBA playoffs games.

To the OP what do you feel cheated about? are you unhappy with the phone or just sad no one else knows how cool it is?

13. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I dunno.. It seems somewhat bad business to advertise a phone that is out of stock. ;)

Mskgreenel and NightAngel79 like this.
  14. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

Come pick up this awesome phone toda-- in a few weeks!

15. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

The Verizon Droid Incredible commercial with the colored paint going all over is the second one to come out. There was a previous commercial that was similar but instead of advertising the colorfulness it mostly advertised the speed of the phone and used what looked sort of like laser beams instead of a paint stream.

16. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Unlike the Moto Droid which was commercialized several weeks before the phone came out, you didn't see this phone on TV till it was out. Three weeks later you started to see commercials pop up but now there is a big market for these so commercials are everywhere. Not only am I seeing it on local channels but on cable channels that I would have never thought to see them on. They're putting this phone everywhere. Will be interesting to see how these commercials continue with the new Moto droid phone coming out. Talk about domination.

They missed the boat on prerelease advertising but hell if you can't keep the phone in stock then they were better off. Great phone otherwise!

17. starogreen

starogreen Well-Known Member

18. dan409

dan409 Well-Known Member

You still can't even get a docking/desktop cradle for the darn thing. After almost 2 months of ownership, very frustrating. Not to mention VZW extended battery, the long wait for SGP screen protectors, Jeeze, come to think of it, you can't even get the phone !!! LOL and the list goes on and on.
    This has to be one of the worst phone releases ever.
    I can't help but think if it were my company, many heads would be rolling. With the moto xtreme, shadow and Iphone4 being released next week I hope this phone doesn't get left in the dust and us with it as far as updates, bug fixes,accessories etc, etc. I can only imagine how many sales will be lost due to this horrific release disaster.

19. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

Ebay and a few other companies have docks/desktop cradles out... I have seen a few but I don't want to buy one not from Verizon personally. IMO.

The Moto X will not put it in the dust. Ultimately its the same phone... but in the form of Motorola Droid redesigned (I hope they changed the keyboard and made it feel like less garbage).

Plus, there are probably 30 + android phones coming out this year, 20 alone from LG (rumored), so... in like 6 months there will be a better phone out anyways.

It would be nice though if you had a phone and it was the best of the best for awhile... but in the era of Science and Technology, its not going to happen.

20. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

my theory is they (who ever 'they' may be) cant even keep up with orders with out advertising...why waste money on advertising a product you dont have? maybe when the inventory catches up you will see more ads.

21. palomosan

palomosan Well-Known Member

Remember that Verizon made a deal with MOTO to promote their Droids like nothing else.

I don't think HTC made the same deal since they got like 20 different phones so they don't care.

22. DixieNormas

DixieNormas Well-Known Member

23. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

24. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

imo, that is the best Dinc commercial to date and it makes me want to run out and buy another Incredible!

25. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

Because it so awesome that it speaks for it's self :D