I have a dilemaGeneral

Last Updated:

1. motoxcreature

motoxcreature Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so my phone isn't working for some reason. It is auto-scrolling when it is on anything that can. This includes web pages, the home screen, in apps, text messages. Specifically in text-messages, it scrolls to the top of the messages and won't let me go down. If I do pull or scroll down, it jumps back to the top.

I have Leak V2

What are your guys' suggestions for fixing this? If there is none, then is there any way that I can bring it to the store and have them exchange it for that $50 without them knowing that it's 2.1? I normally wouldn't do this, though it's a hardware issue, definitely not a software issue.
    If not, I'm ****ed. right?

I would just like to add that it is not usable even for calls because when the number pad is up it scrolls down the call history, making it impossible to make a call.

Advertisement
  2. bill.garrett

bill.garrett Member

A few people on this forum have had success in returning phones with problems even if they are running the leaked 2.1 upgrades, so don't write that option off yet (most techs don't think of looking for that kind of stuff anyway).

Can it be assumed that you have done all the standard stuff? (Restart, pull battery, reinstall 2.1)?

3. motoxcreature

Yes, I have done all the normal stuff of restarting (multiple times) pulling the battery, reinstalling 2.1, ect.

When I reinstalled 2.1, I went app by app with what I installed to make sure that it wasn't an app. It would happen after 10 mins or so, then I would re-install 2.1 and then not install those apps and just let it sit. The same problem arose.

Also, if I get caught with 2.1 on my phone, what happens to my account? Like if it gets sent to HTC, and if they find it, do I get penalized and have a bill sent to me?

4. leebsammy

leebsammy Well-Known Member

When my trackball wasnt working anymore, which is a hardware issue. I returned my phone for a new one without any problem. And I had 2 point 1. I even bitched about some of the issues that 2.1 was giving me.

5. bill.garrett

bill.garrett Member

Def sounds like a hardware issue rather than an OS one. I don't recall anyone seeing the scrolling thing as a bug with a 2.1 upgrade. Might as well pay a visit to your local VZW store.

6. motoxcreature

I went into the Verizon store and told them my story. They are making me use my insurance and pay the $70 deductible to get a phone from the insurance. They said that they can't do anything about it and they can't order it in because supposedly the manufacture's warranty is out (I got my phone in January 2010). Are they just trying to get out of giving me a replacement?