i have a few questions about flashing cm6

Last Updated:

1. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so i rooted using this method from 2.2 and in the thread they say that you need to flash something else to use cm6

[GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G - xda-developers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=752832

this is the thread that is for what i need i was just wondering if something goes wrong if i get stuck in the bootloader how would i make my h-boot back to what it is now instead of the 76 or whatever i need for cm6 to work?

and will i need to flash back to a different version of h-boot to flash back to fresh or other roms?

just a little confused.

Advertisement
  2. Buzzwyzr

Buzzwyzr Member

Hello.

I just flashed CM6 1.0.0 this afternoon after rooting my phone via the same method as you.

Basically what you need to do is save that PC36IMG.zip file posted to the root of your SD card, reboot into recovery and let it flash. Make sure you delete the PC36IMG.zip that you used to root your phone off of your SD card before flashing this one though, if you haven't already. It's just an older version of the bootloader. FWIW, the date that it showed at the top of the white hboot screen was July 2010, while the 0.76.2000 show a date of March 2010.

The 0.76.2000 version also works to flash other ROMs as well. It's not specific to CM6. I have flashed BakedSnack, VaelPak, Fresh 3.2, and Calulkin's Eivo with the older bootloader.

As far as getting stuck in a bootloader loop, it's easy to fix. You should have done a nandroid backup before beginning this procedure. If you did, just use it to restore your phone. In a worse-case scenario, you can do this.

Hope this helps.

jersey221 likes this.
  3. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the reply this thread can be closed now i was able to get some help in the other thread thanks though i was just a little nervous.

oh and didnt get stuck in the bootloop:D