I have a few questions :DSupport

Last Updated:

1. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all! I have been checking and trying my best to participate in these forums since I got my EVO on 6/12. I have had a blast rooting and NAND unlocking, Flashing ROMS and radios, and in general trying to improve this "flagship" device's somewhat pathetic performance both software and battery. I have come across a few questions I have had for a while that I keep forgetting to ask, so I will ask them now while I have them all in my head. :D

1) I purchased ROM Manager (awesome app) and was just wondering what the difference was between backing up using Clockwork and backing up with nandroid in recovery? I have backed up with both but was wondering if they both do the same thing. I feel pretty stupid not knowing this one.

2) A lot of people have said that a nice hard reset will fix some issues with the phone too. If I hard reset with my backups secured, will I have to re-root and NAND unlock before I restore my backup?

3) What is the fastest and easiest way to completely clean slate my phone? Probably directly in connection with my last question actually. I want to unroot and go back to my stock everything HTC ROM so I can start from square one and test different techniques.

4) I've seen talk of different LCD screens that come with this phone depending on what model you have. How can I tell if I have an Epson screen or the other kind?

I believe that's all I have for now. Thank you all so much for the help and I hope this community of developers and handset users can continue to come together here and make the EVO 4G and Android the best it can be.

Tyler

Advertisement
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

1. im not sure about clockwork but i know that with a nandroid backup that it backs up EVERYTHING. the current state u back up will be the way it is restored
    2. you will not loose your root but u will need to restore your backup.
    3. if you can find the stock rom ruu then thats the way to do it. it will basically put you back to the way your phone was on day 1.
    4. i know its over at xda but ill see if i can find a link for you.

LearnIIBurn likes this.
  3. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hey THEFORCE thanks for the info. Awesome stuff! Glad to know that nandroid backs it ALL up. Think I'll just use that from now on as my main backup style.

4. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

yeah ive had absolutely no problem using that way

LearnIIBurn likes this.