• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have a problem

BillJr106

Sep 27, 2010
I installed some apps, including My Story, from the Samsung store, and had to remove them when they completely hung up during the registration process. After uninstalling them, my phone seemed a little sluggish, and some apps glitchy or less responsive. I decided to do a factory reset. However now things have gotten a little worse. My screen brightness when on Auto constantly gets max bright and then dims, only to go max bright seconds later. Facebook app doesnt work properly ( worked flawlessly prior, there has been no update recently ) and some other lag issues, like when opening my email app, it sits with a black screen for a second or two before popping in... all in all Im worried that I have altered a system file somewhere on accident, and the factory reset doesnt seem to fix this as it only deletes user data.

My Question: Is there a way to truly reinstall android and completely factory reset it? I want a fresh install of the OS and everything. I am using a Sprint GN2

No root... Stock all the way... The last two things I downloaded that I noticed problems after were My Story from the Samsung Store and the Silence All widget. Basically the My Story hung up on registration and I just backed out and uninstalled it... the Silence All I uninstalled after seeing if it silenced the camera, which it did not, it was just a link to the accessibility button to silence all.

Upvote 0
Well someone had given me a link to the stock ROM, tried it, didnt help the phone, so I used my 14 day Sprint Guarantee and picked up a new one...

Sorry I didn't reply again. Was trying to figure out what exactly it could be, but you had me completely stumped and was about to tell you to bring it back and have Sprint replace. Everything good so far with the replacement?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones