I have a question about the aldiko app

Last Updated:

1. edman777

edman777 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys im new here..I have a few questions about the Aldiko App. I just downloaded this app..

1) All all the books you download free?
    2) Do you get the Entire book?
    3) Are new books available on this app?..if so are they free.

Thanks guys

Advertisement
  2. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

1) yes they are all free :)
    2) yep the entire book is what you get...
    3)No... well it depends, the books that Aldiko offers in the app itself are all published under public commons. There are a few books on there that are recent that were published under this but not many and not any that are popular. There are a TON of classics though so if you are into classic liturature at all you will find stuff you like...

However with that said you can import any epub file into the Aldiko app that you can find on the internet, these include many newer ebooks that you can purchase or download for free (might be a bit illegal).

Also as a P.S. to that there are programs that you can get for Windows that will convert most ebook formats (including PDF files) into epub so that they will work for Aldiko.

3. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

ska.T73 beat me to it

4. CegAbq

CegAbq Well-Known Member

Aldiko is a great app. I get lots of books through Smashwords (paid & free). I just d'l the epub format for my Droid to then read with Aldiko. You can use Calibre to convert to different formats for different devices (I convert DRM-free books to mobi format for the Kindle - until Amazon comes up with a Droid app)