1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

i have a rooted kyocera hydro

1. mw3master

mw3master Member

Hey i have a rooted kyocera hydro
    I downloaded wifi tether to give out hotspot..
    I have another android phone im wondering if anyone knows how
    To give my hotspot wifi from my hydro to my other android .. What channel should i put it on

Thanks in advance any help would be appreciated

Advertisement
  2. Robertech

Robertech Well-Known Member

an excellent question. with both my prevail and hydro i am unable to get other android devices to see my hotspot. is everyone having this problem?
  3. animejoe69

animejoe69 Well-Known Member

not sure about wifi tether from phone to phone, but i have it working from my hydro to my laptop without haveing to do anything but install it and turn it on.
    the speed is a little slow but i'm used to 50meg broadband
  4. Trancenstuff

Trancenstuff Active Member

I had that problem until I went in and messed with the device profile and changed it to generic Ics/jb (wlan 0)..so your problem may lay there, but now i have no problems with it.
    Robertech likes this.
  5. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

The problem is the TYPE of WiFi it is broadcasting... by default WiFi tether uses an ad-hoc (peer to peer) connection which most androids are unable to see/connect to.

In the case of the prevail, you can set the device profile/method and achieve an 'infrastructure' WiFi connection. Which is the same type of signal a router broadcasts.

There may be a profile/method that will work for the hydro. Just try combinations of them.
  6. animejoe69

i did that and now my hydro wifi has the same config as my home wifi.
    start wifi tether but "don't" start tethering,
    hit the 3 dots at the bottom of the phone to open settings,
    hit "change device profile andtick generic ICS/JB(wan0),
    you should be good to go
  7. ta4500

ta4500 New Member

Can you please help me with infor to root my phone i have Kyocera.hydro help
  8. Jamessage

Jamessage Member

I used foxfi app for tethering had no problems..went into wifi on prevail death for avail networks shows up as foxfi...foxfi is not in app store but just do search for it in play store it will come up follow link download all good
  9. animejoe69

10. SKIP SHOOTER

SKIP SHOOTER New Member

Not sure about anyone else but I'm rooted wth "poor". I run "pdanet+" and is working good. I had smvt and it ran on my c-5170 hydro before root. Just hope to help someone.
  11. SKIP SHOOTER

SKIP SHOOTER New Member

Not sure about anyone else but I'm rooted wth "poot" I run "pdanet+" and is working good. I had smvt and it ran on my c-5170 hydro before root. Just hope to help someone.