I have a Samsung Admire. Will I like the LG Motion better ?General

1. AppleUser

AppleUser Well-Known Member

On MetroPCS. I'd get the Galaxy S3, but it's only available in white. I'd like black.

So have decided on the LG Motion and will deactivate my Admire.

Would enjoy comparing and contrasting the Motion and Admire.

What's better ?

What's worse ?

Is the 4G much better than the 3G ?

Speakerphone loud enough ?

Easy to call conference, then return to one of the callers only ?

Any known defects ?

Can the camera be activated by a button, or like the Galaxy S one must touch the screen. I like the button shutter on the Admire.

Advertisement
  2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

Basically everything is better
    The only thing you'll be missing out on (for now) is flashing roms
    The 4G in my area is about 12 times faster than my 3G
    I'm always playing music with poweramp & to me the speaker is loud enough
    I personally haven't seen any defects
    Theres no dedicated camera button but on the lock screen there's a camera shortcut & then you can take the picture by pressing the volume up button
    AppleUser likes this.
  3. AppleUser

Good. I like a side button when taking a picture. On the Galaxy it's too difficult to aim for the button on the screen. The Admire has run out of internal memory. How much mote internal memory is in the Motion, and can it be increased ?

Are there any shortcomings to the Motion phone ? Sound quality ? Speakerphone ?

On the Admire, when I do a call conference, I can never drop the second caller and retain the conversation with the original caller. Can one do this with the Motion ?

Has the smaller screened annoyed you ?
  4. ninjasinabag

ninjasinabag Well-Known Member

The motion has a gig of internal memory. It can't be expanded just yet.

Shortcomings? Low PPI for the screen, prone to random reboots before the update, hard to grip outer casing.

Call conference has a dedicated disconnect & separate button.
    The small screen sucks for captchas, but its the low resolution that will get on your nerves.
  5. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

Internal memory is 5gbs not 1 it has 1gb ram.

The screen size is the same as the admire so you should be plenty used to it by now.

Sent from my typewriter.
  6. Gman9831

I dont think hes talking about RAM
  7. ninjasinabag

ninjasinabag Well-Known Member

All right then, the motion has 5.36 gigs of internal r/w memory. :p
    (Edit) the admire didn't have any other memory than the ram though. So I dont think he was referring to non system memory.
  8. AppleUser

MetroPCS just announced Galaxy S3 $100 off, service only $30/month, but to take a picture one has to touch the screen. No hard-wired button. MetroPCS only has white S3, not black.

I'll try the LG Motion
  9. Gman9831

Forgot about refreshing the page before posting but the motion has 5GB of internal memory with an SD card slot but the only way to move apps to it is root and use directory bind
  10. Gman9831

Internal Memory 125MB not much probably why he keeps getting an out of memory warning
  11. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

speed wise the motion blows the admire clear out of the water, even when the motion is set to evdo.
  12. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

The motion throws every MetroPCS phone down a flight of stairs barring the s3.
  13. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

You could always buy a bigger sd card for the Admire if space is the real issue. But still, the Motion is a great phone from what I've heard, and plan on getting get next month, unless I can find a better deal on T-mobile...

Sent from my potato
  14. rottweilerjim

rottweilerjim Well-Known Member

I like that it supports html and html5 which is replacing flash. Flash player can also be manipulated to work unlike the Admire. Ice cream sandwich is way better. You can also still use your admire using the 4g mobile hot spot app.