• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-S959G for Tracfone and can't add a new apn?

sbzahn

Lurker
Feb 12, 2013
I am trying to edit or add a new apn to convert my galaxy s2 SGH-S959G into a straight talk apn. I know the apn settings, but it wont allow me to change or add them. I even downloaded apn backup and restore, deleted the apn, and the only option thereafter was to restore the default apn. when I go into the apn, it is grayed out and won't let me change anything.

I feel so dumb....I am awesome at dealing with gadgets, and I just can't figure this one out.

Do I need to unlock or jailbreak it? It makes calls and texts and works on wifi, but when I'm not in a wifi zone, I cannot use mms or web.

Please help me. I know this might be a hard one, as I cannot find ANYTHING on this subject..... am I just doomed?

again this is the tracfone model SGH-S959G not the straight talk model. I want to USE my straighttalk service with it.

I am having the same problem everything is greyed out and I cannot get menu to
pop up on bottom of page of APN then of edit access point page to make changes.I can not get edit or add new APN info. Yes you do have to change theAPN to use Straight Talk I just hung up from talking with them.I do have new APN settings for my Samsung Galaxy Sll SGH-S959G.Can anyone help me with my problem?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones