• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have a Transparent Notification Bar by mistake

mrnict

Lurker
May 2, 2013
I guess this works if anyone wants to get a transparent notification bar or if anyone can help me go back to my original settings.

I just purchased a Samsung galaxy S4 Snap dragon quad core in Australia and just downloaded an app called Tiny flashlight +LED ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devuni.flashlight) I then used the widget and it changed my notifaction bar to transparent.

Now when ever I use the app (widget) it turns on with a single click. And then when I go to turn it off I click the widget a black notifcation bar appears and quickly disappears then I have to click it again and it turns it off.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to reverse it (and I guess if someone wants a way to change there notification bar to transparent) I tried uninstalling the app but that didnt work.

Btw I have used this app and loved it on my S2. Also im sorry for the spelling. I really dont pike the new predictive suggesting completely wrong words so ive turned it off and I cant spell.

cheers for any insight that can be given.

Cheers

I guess this works if anyone wants to get a transparent notification bar or if anyone can help me go back to my original settings.

I just purchased a Samsung galaxy S4 Snap dragon quad core in Australia and just downloaded an app called Tiny flashlight +LED ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devuni.flashlight) I then used the widget and it changed my notifaction bar to transparent.

Now when ever I use the app (widget) it turns on with a single click. And then when I go to turn it off I click the widget a black notifcation bar appears and quickly disappears then I have to click it again and it turns it off.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to reverse it (and I guess if someone wants a way to change there notification bar to transparent) I tried uninstalling the app but that didnt work.

Btw I have used this app and loved it on my S2. Also im sorry for the spelling. I really dont pike the new predictive suggesting completely wrong words so ive turned it off and I cant spell.

cheers for any insight that can be given.

Cheers

Hi, welcome to the forums! It sounds like just a case of an app not playing nice with a new model phone. Leave feedback with the app developer and they will probably address it in a future update. BTW, my S3 has a built in flashlight widget. Does the S4 not have one?

Upvote 0
Hi, welcome to the forums! It sounds like just a case of an app not playing nice with a new model phone. Leave feedback with the app developer and they will probably address it in a future update. BTW, my S3 has a built in flashlight widget. Does the S4 not have one?
Thanks for the response. I sent an e-mail to the developer but should probably leave some feedback on the app store site or something also? And yes the S4 has a built in widget for it (called assistive light) but its a 2x1 widget (im using it now) and this apps widget is a 1x1 icon. Im kinda getting used to the transparent theme though. And Cheers for the advice :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones