• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have an EVO Addiction...

I'm glad Im not the only one with an EVO addiction. Im actually starting to develop some pain in a couple of the fingers I use to support the phone in portrait orientation. No biggie, there's always landscape!

In order to thwart further attacks on the homefront I ordered an EVO for my wife. I think she's secretly jealous. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Upvote 0
Hello, my name is Brandon and I have an Evo addiction.

I am finding that I tend to waste as much time on my Evo doing some things, as my Evo saves time doing almost everything else. It's a problem because, although I would be considered to be breaking even on time spent, I also supplement my Evo addiction with regular hits of android forums to increase my high.

I am working to overcome this problem, and I am proud to say that I have been Evo free for over 2 hours now! However, I just recently, had a 'slip' with using android forums.

...I know I heard that missed message tone just a few minutes ago...

...just one peek...

...it'll just be one little peek...

...one little peek can't hurt anything....

...right...?

Upvote 0
The EVO broke me from my netbook addiction. My TouchPro 2 was too small and netbooks were more convenient than a 6 pound laptop.
The Evo is "instant on", always with me, and has a large enough screen to be my current favorite gadget(for now).
I always thought the metal detector app was the strangest app for a phone until I found the "Instant Heart Rate" app. When I showed my friend he said the EVO reminded him of something between a TriCorder and that thing that 'Bones' McCoy used on Star Trek.
Next thing you know, I will be able to see and talk to anyone around the world with it as if they are in the same room.... Oh, never mind Fring killed that. ;)

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
Next thing you know, I will be able to see and talk to anyone around the world with it as if they are in the same room.... Oh, never mind Fring killed that. ;)

What do you mean...? I havent gotten a chance to do video calls yet.. Did fring disable it??

those of you posting cool apps... Thanks!

im drinking alone and enjoying my EVO... makes for a fun (and interesting) night

Yeah.. Im definitely guilty of doing that a few times...:p

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
Im 23, and i just recently moved back in with my parents due to an injury to my leg. Im on my phone so much, and they ask me when im ever gonna grow up.

Now.. I had an iphone and got both my parents to buy one. I believe ill have an evo in their hands by the end of the year. (If there's any to be found)

Ha me and my parents got evos at the same time...so they understand.

Reactions: surfologist87
Upvote 0
Good question, I'll have to check it out. I like Bluff My Call for the voice disguise and record feature. I tested it out yesterday... and it really confused the other person. so... it definitely fluffs. :)

Bluff my call is good. I used it and put the voice change on and had a friend of mine thinking I was thepolice. Also good because Ill call my boss from my work number so he doesn't know Im not there.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones