i have an incredible.. but thinking of swapping it out for a droid 2.. what are your thoughts?

Last Updated:

1. android3

android3 Member This Topic's Starter

first of all, i am leery of the droid 2 because i had two droid x's and they had screen issues, they had a pixel that was messed up, a spot in the screen that was about the size of a pin head that was really bright and red in color and one that did it and it was green. brighter than anything else on the screen and stayed in one spot. not sure what you would call that.

I am concerned that the droid 2 may have that same issue. also, concerned that i would not be getting the better phone.

i have through tomorrow to make that decision.

what is your input..

(PS, the physical key board is neither here nor there for me, i know thats the deal breaker for some, but it is not for me)

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

3. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Well it always comes down to personal preference. Plus, this is a Droid 2 forum so of course most of us here would egg you on to get a D2.

But Super_Six_Two posted the exact thing you might have wanted. Opinions.

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

:D

Get the D2!!!!

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I don't have a Droid 2 or Incredible, but did spend some time with both in the store, along with the Fascinate and X.

I ended up with the Fascinate, but of the D2 and the Inc I would give a definite recommendation for the D2 as to quality of hardware and overall "better" feeling as I compared them.

ymmv ;)

6. Ulairi

Ulairi New Member

I had a Droid Incredible then I went to the iPhone, then Palm Pre Plus and now I have a Droid 2. I like the Droid 2 better than the Incredible because of the physical keyboard and it feels sturdier.

7. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

I have an Incredible, my girlfriend picked up the Droid 2 yesterday.

I've only been playing with the D2 for a few hours and it seems like a nice phone but there are some issues I've immediately noticed with the D2:

Slider is very stiff, too stiff to open one-handed easily.
    The UI isn't as smooth or as good looking as SenseUI, sliding between screens is kind of jumpy and the phone seems to lag more than the Inc.
    Overall SenseUI feels like a more polished product.
    LCD is less vivid and sharp than the Inc's AMOLED (this may no longer be a factor though since new Incs ship with LCD's also).

The main reason we went with the D2 is because my girlfriend needs the physical keyboard. Her fancy designer nails make typing on a touchscreen hard. Personally, I think the Incredible is a better device.

My intention isn't to come here and bash the droid 2. The only reason I'm making this post is because I (gf and I) have both phones and the OP asked for thoughts.

android3 likes this.
  8. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

If the slider wasn't stiff it would be sliding out all the time. I don't want that happening especially in my pocket. Also, my phone rarely lags :D

9. android3

android3 Member This Topic's Starter

i did decide to go to the droid2. i find sliding between screens to be the same. there is no lag, and this droid2 i have has a better screen than the incredible i had, because it had the lcd screen, not the AMOLED.

10. Blacklight82

Blacklight82 Well-Known Member

My post from another thread. I've had the Incredible since July and the Droid 2 for about a month now.

11. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

I miss my incredible's optical track pad for text insertion/editing. Does the D2 keyboard have arrow keys or a way to move the cursor to where you want to insert text? That's one thing that sucks on the DX is that you have to use the touch screen to try to pick out where you want to type. It can be very frustrating!

12. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

yes it has arrow keys. and are you talking about the red target thing that pops up when you touch an input area area twice? I LOVE THAT THING!!! its so convenient!

13. ndonnine

ndonnine Member

I took my incredible back and got the D2, good choice on my part. I love the functionality and keyboard. the Incredible is prettier and the interface is more user friendly.. but the D2 is faster and batter lasts longer.

14. sjf99

sjf99 Member

I have the Dinc and my gf has the D2. I can tell you first hand with both that the Dinc the better phone (all due respect to you D2 owners). I have used both extensively and unless you need a physical KB I think the Dinc is the way to go. Its call quality is much better - most important aspect of a phone IMO. SenseUI is incredibly smooth and intuitive. I can't really compare battery life but they both aren't great. I can charge mine when I need it. She can go a whole day on a single charge but doesn't do much with it other than text and some browsing. my .02

15. b0nd18t

b0nd18t Member

I had an Inc and couldn't stand the terrible battery. Sold it and bought droid2 and haven't looked back. It's a better quality phone. Solid construction not flimsy plastic like Inc, u can see the screen outdoors, the battery lasts all day, doesn't reset randomly like my old Inc, doesn't get randomly hot.. You get the picture. That was just my experience.