I have FULL 3G service at home and work.. Should I leave Wifi on?

Last Updated:

1. tama2112

tama2112 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've read several threads and still am not 100% clear. At home and at work, I have FULL 3G service (still no 4G in my area).

If I turn on my wifi at both places, will it use less battery? Particularly at work when get 50-100 emails during the day?

Advertisement
  2. Slick1020

Slick1020 Banned

Yes, if I were you I would utilize Wifi at work and at home. Wifi uses less battery power than 3G. Why? Our phones are CDMA which mean they connect to a CDMA network. CDMA phones tend to utilize more power for a CDMA network because the phone constantly seeks out the BEST signal for you.

However, with Wifi your phone will not waste any battery searching for the best Wifi signal since you plan to only remain connected to one Wifi source.

3. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

I agree with Slick.

try it for a day, the difference will be VERY noticable.

4. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

I typically turn mine on, it saves power and makes the internet much faster than 3g. I get 4g in atlanta and still use wifi often because its just as fast and gets better battery. Mine has been fine since day one but more is always better.

5. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Use your home and work wifi whenever you can. Better speed and battery as others have noted. The only downside is that SprintTV is not available via wifi (they really need to change that).

6. tama2112

tama2112 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to all! Exactly the info I was looking for.