I have got a Galaxy noteGeneral

Last Updated:

1. sjael

sjael Well-Known Member

That, I do not know how to do. Sorry. :eek:

2. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Could you try a few graphics benchmarks? GLBenchmark 2.1, Nenamark 2 and Electopia would be great. :)
  3. cheng6991

cheng6991 Member

I pre-ordered the Note from Clove Tech in England and hope it arrive in the state soon after Nov
  4. husseinb

husseinb Member

Shocky likes this.
  5. husseinb

husseinb Member

Hi tarsierspectra,

It seems that you are an expert in GPS. I did some reading about GPS and AGPS. However, the issue is still not clear to me; especially how systems such IPAD Wifi that has no SIM nor GPS and still has location service. Also, how google maps can find your location with GPS as in laptops? does it track IP or email?

6. tarsierspectra

tarsierspectra Well-Known Member

Hi husseinb,

Here is some info about iPad getting a location service iOS 5: Understanding Location Services

Also, in both of your screenshots you don't seem to be getting a fix from satellites. Notice it says 0 fix/6 sat on the first screen and then 0 fix/0 sat on the second screen. I think you might have to do a calibration, which is done in the fallowing manner: lay the phone flat on a table, spin it. Put it on it's side, spin it. Hold it up on one end, spin it.
    See you if you get satellite fix after that.
  7. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

hey husseinb,

thanks for your quick responses!!
    -what version of android is your note running? 2.3.5-ish??
    -how is the actual phone part of the phone (clarity, hearing the people on the other side of the conversation/them hearing you, etc)??
    -as far as storing the style away in its little hole, how snug/secure is it in there? a big fear for me is that its not that snug and it constantly falls out when i'm not using it.
    -any personal aspects/features of the phone that you yourself aren't too fond of or that you are disappointed in??

thanks again!

8. Noury

Noury New Member

Mabrouk Hussien :)

can you please try another browser like firefox or opera to check the arabic

also do it receive arabic sms

because i'll buy it soon but i want to make sure that it will be able to read arabic i don't care about writing in arabic
  9. husseinb

husseinb Member

Hi Mcbtrain,

The voice is excellent during phone conversation. The stylus pen is not magnetically retracted as in HTC phone; but so far it firmly attached.

There were no disappointment until Today where something happened hat made the battery discharges faster than usual. Checking the system I found that Android OS is consuming 73% of the battery. I don't know the reasons yet.

According to Android system info:

Android version : 2.3.5
    Release Codename : REL
    API LEVEL : 10
    CPU ABI : armeabi-v7a
    Manufacturer : samsung
    Bootloader : unknown
    CPU ABI2 : armeabi
    Hardware : smdkc210
    Radio : unknown
    Board : GT-N7000
    Brand : samsung
    Device : GT-N7000
    Fingerprint : samsung/GT-N7000/GT-N7000:2.3.5/GINGERBREAD/XXKIB:user/release-keys
    Host : SEI-44
    Model : GT-N7000
    Product : GT-N7000
    DroidDaddy, MISS DIVA and mcbtrain929 like this.
  10. RingKing

RingKing Well-Known Member

Hi husseinb, maybe there are still issues concerning the battery drain for pre-launch versions of the phone?
  11. Edbanger

Edbanger Well-Known Member

Hi... Could you let me know , how loud is the speaker when phone is placed on its back on a flat surface...is it muffled?.
    Also, when on its back on a flat surface, is the bezzle around the camera lense sticking out a bit, protecting the camera lense from scratching easily?
    Keep us informed with the battery situation please.
    How is the screen visibility outside in sunny weather. Can you watch a film?, or is it just enough to text, and do basic things? Thanks...
  12. mightymoose02

mightymoose02 Well-Known Member

props to this guy for sharing all this information to us. YAY! This phone looks amazing.
    MISS DIVA and mcbtrain929 like this.
  13. DSD

DSD Member

Have you had any chance to try the videoplayback on the device?
    I read somewhere that playing MKV 720p had some lagg.
    Is it possible for you to try and play a MKV 720p videofile on the device?
    You could try a trailversion of DicePlayer which works great with SGS2 and uses hardware acceleration.
  14. BuLuT

BuLuT New Member

That would be very interesting for me too...
    Its a feature that i use alot on my sgs2...

Thank you for taking the time and testing eveything for us...
  15. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

I very much doubt that is true, since the SGS2 with the same CPU/GPU plays 1080p back flawlessly.
  16. DSD

DSD Member

Yes but you have to bear in mind that the SGS2 only has a resolution of 480x800 pixels.
    The Galaxy Note has a resolution of 800x1280 pixels and it will strain the GPU more than on SGS2.
    I'm hoping that you are right, but I read on a forum (I cannot remeber which) that there was some noticeable lagg when playing MKV 720p. It could also be to the fact that the device he tried was a prototype...
  17. NZtechfreak

Yes but there is no lag when outputting them from my SGSII in 1080p via MHL to my television, so I still can't really see it being an issue here...
  18. RingKing

RingKing Well-Known Member

I would bet it's due to the fact that it's a prototype.
  19. fudge2011toffe

fudge2011toffe New Member

hi , is there any software to edit word documents? I have never used android before so I don't know how people view word documents already . I need the ability to edit jpeg images or png images that have been put into a word document beforehand on my computer and then use the note to edit and save them, flicking through the pages.

this is the reason I would buy it. thnx
  20. husseinb

husseinb Member

Hi everbody,

Sorry for the delay as I was very busy.

Hi Edbanger,
    You have touched a good point. Sadly, the camera is not protected and it touches the flat surface when it is placed on it. The sound gets a little muffed but still OK to me.
    I will test a movie in daylight and get u results asap.
    Power drainage seems to be because of background apps accessing the Internet over Wifi or 3G.

Hi DCD,
    Thanks for the info. Diceplayer works perfectly unlike vplayer. It seem as u said that it uses HW acceleration. I ran 720P for 10 minutes without any problem.
    DSD and BuLuT like this.
  21. mammela

mammela New Member

Does anybody know if the battery is user-replaceable?
  22. BuLuT

BuLuT New Member

Yes it is...

Just check any review on youtube...
  23. DannStarr

DannStarr Active Member

Yes, the battery is user replaceable
  24. dlcpa

dlcpa Well-Known Member

Is the battery easily swappable? None of the You Tubes I saw opened the back up. According to the Samsung site it does 4G LTE.

I really want this phone. I'm a CPA and use Excel a lot. Samsung should give me one to try out and to spread the word to other CPAs and financial professionals. :) Actually that's how I got my first copy of Excel. There are so many uses for a portable device like this and it's economical and saves you from having to get a tablet. Just time and expense acctg and tax and budgets projections, having all the financial spreadsheets, industry guidelines, pronouncements, make it so worthwhile and so handy. My Blackberry Storm 2 is just too small with a 3.2 inch screen.

I hope Verizon gets it soon.
  25. NZtechfreak

It is easily swabbable, can't remember the video I saw but they showed removing the back cover - similar to the Galaxy S II with a flexible rear casing.