I have had a pre and 4 moments. Should I get a hero?

Last Updated:

1. joshpdavis80

joshpdavis80 Active Member This Topic's Starter

After going through 4 moments, sprint has offered me the option of jumping ship and getting another phone. Should I get a hero? How bad is the dust problem? Does the proximity sensor app work good? Have software updates fixed most of the issues? Is the software update OTA? To update the moment you have to go to a sprint repair center and it is a pain in the ass! What is the best rom to flash? What are some features that I gain by rooting the hero? I have had a jailbroken iphone and I rooted the pre and moment. How do the custom roms compare? Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I don't think the dust issue is that bad. The pictures I've seen are of such minuscule particles of dust that they're virtually unnoticeable.

No idea on the proximity sensor app, I don't have a use for it since I've never hit a button while on a call.

The update was OTA, but if you get a new phone it will already have that update (most likely).

The best ROM is a matter of opinion. For 1.5 ROMs, Fresh and Modaco seem pretty similar to me in terms of speed. There's certainly no clear-cut winner in the "best ROM contest"

Rooting the Hero allows you to remove the Sprint apps, make backups, wireless tether, flash ROM's, and pretty much anything else you can think of lol.