I have major problems hereSupport

Last Updated:

1. wily5150

wily5150 Member This Topic's Starter

I tried to manually update to 2.1. It didn't work, even though when I look at settings, about phone, it says 2.1 update. But it's not 2.1. It has the same interface as 2.0. Ok, when I go into recovery mode there is an error at the bottom of the screen. It reads E:can't open /cache/recovery/command.I only have 4 options at the top of the screen, reboot system now, apply sdcard update.zip, wipe data/ factory reset, and wipe cache partition. Now I have reset the phone to the factory cond. twice, it still says 2.1 update. I did root it 2-3 weeks ago, but I put it back to default due to the ota update. It went back to 2.01 no problem. I can't do that now. I do know that when I rooted it I had more options in the recover mode. I don't have them now. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

not sure what you mean when you say it has the same interface. 2.1 update didnt change the ui at all. Do you have live wallpapers? Do you have pinch to zoom in the browser?

If you somehow got partially updated just go to verizon and tell them that. You dont have to inform them that you were manually updating instead of ota