• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have NO clue what I'm doing

Whet in the world can I sell this phone:thinking: Who would even want to buy it:thinking: plz help me:eek: :p

I put mine on CList yesterday night for $200, and have already had 3 people ask about it. You even offered $50 to hold it for them till next week (I didn't mention that I'm currently waiting for my Droid Incredible, and would like to keep the phone until then :) )

As with everything in life, you mileage may vary, and there is a big difference between people checking out the phone and somebody buying it. But I'm confident in a week or two, I'll get a decent offer (around the $150 I'm paying for the Incredible).

Reactions: ashleynicole
Upvote 0
I put mine on CList yesterday night for $200, and have already had 3 people ask about it. You even offered $50 to hold it for them till next week (I didn't mention that I'm currently waiting for my Droid Incredible, and would like to keep the phone until then :) )

As with everything in life, you mileage may vary, and there is a big difference between people checking out the phone and somebody buying it. But I'm confident in a week or two, I'll get a decent offer (around the $150 I'm paying for the Incredible).

I've never used c list:eek: Is it easy? Is out safe:thinking: :eek::p

Upvote 0
I've never used c list:eek: Is it easy? Is out safe:thinking: :eek::p

It's easy, but it's not safe if you don't know what you're doing. I always make it a rule to meet someone in a public place during daylight. Like outside of a mall or a parking lot with lots of people... you just never know these days. I don't ever put my number on the listing when I sell stuff either. I use a throw away (pre-paid). They cost like 15 bucks at wal-mart. Good luck, and BE SAFE!

Reactions: ashleynicole
Upvote 0
It's easy, but it's not safe if you don't know what you're doing. I always make it a rule to meet someone in a public place during daylight. Like outside of a mall or a parking lot with lots of people... you just never know these days. I don't ever put my number on the listing when I sell stuff either. I use a throw away (pre-paid). They cost like 15 bucks at wal-mart. Good luck, and BE SAFE!

If I end up doing this is it ok if I contact u for help with it:thinking::p:) cuz I'm clueless on this stuff:eek:

Upvote 0

+1 everything cracked said. I'm planning on meeting people at the Panera's a few blocks from me. I would definitely suggest meeting IN a store, mall, etc. And I just use the anonymous email (I don't want random strangers calling me :(, and if you put a real email address on there you WILL be bombarded with spam)

And keep an eye out for counterfeit cash, I've heard some stories. It's pretty easy to check (basically just check the water mark, and real cash has a distinct feel/sound to it). And you probably DON'T want to accept checks (it really isn't any less safe, but it risks alot more hassle if they pass a bad check.)

Just use common sense, and it's safe.

Upvote 0
+1 everything cracked said. I'm planning on meeting people at the Panera's a few blocks from me. I would definitely suggest meeting IN a store, mall, etc. And I just use the anonymous email (I don't want random strangers calling me :(, and if you put a real email address on there you WILL be bombarded with spam)

And keep an eye out for counterfeit cash, I've heard some stories. It's pretty easy to check (basically just check the water mark, and real cash has a distinct feel/sound to it). And you probably DON'T want to accept checks (it really isn't any less safe, but it risks alot more hassle if they pass a bad check.)

Just use common sense, and it's safe.

Anyone in the NYC area that could help me with this:thinking: The last time I sold anything was years ago which was illegal and cash business:eek: :p

Upvote 0
:thinking: if I dl a book do I need to dl a reader?:thinking: and will it save to my phone memory or my sd card:thinking::eek::p

I use Aldiko as an eBook reader. I've only downloaded free ones through the app, but you can import some that you download from somewhere else (an ePub file I think). There are instructions in the app, but you copy the book to the SD card in the eBooks folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones