• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have no SYNC issue, HOW Do I merge/link Contacts!?

kewlassht

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
Okay unlike most topics im seeing, I have no issue syncing my FB contacts to my phone. They are all on my phone and in Contacts list.

My issue is I can not link them to contacts I have already on my Phone.

I click on FB name and it says "link contact" but it only lets me Link it to other FB contacts ! It doesnt let me link them to phone entries I already have stored on my phone !

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. this is my first post and first issue. Site looks great. I look forward to being a member and contributing. Thanks!

Go to the contact in you phone - options - link contact.

Now, if you don't have the linked (FB) contact on your phone yet, click Get Friends, pick facebook, choose the person, and then click the facebook contact again. It will link it.

If you already have the FB contact on your phone, once you click link contact, just scroll to the FB contact and it will link them.

Upvote 0
Go to the contact in you phone - options - link contact.

Now, if you don't have the linked (FB) contact on your phone yet, click Get Friends, pick facebook, choose the person, and then click the facebook contact again. It will link it.

If you already have the FB contact on your phone, once you click link contact, just scroll to the FB contact and it will link them.

You have to read my post bro. I have all FB contacts in my phone book. I select link contact but it only lets me link it to another FB contact not to an exisitng entry or person i already have on phone. I want it to link to another name and merge them so i can see picture over the person i selected. Also i want it to merge with exisiting number so i dont have to show Fb contacts in my phone book anymore.

Upvote 0
You have to read my post bro. I have all FB contacts in my phone book. I select link contact but it only lets me link it to another FB contact not to an exisitng entry or person i already have on phone. I want it to link to another name and merge them so i can see picture over the person i selected. Also i want it to merge with exisiting number so i dont have to show Fb contacts in my phone book anymore.

Yes I understood. You have to click link on your 'Phone' contact, and the next screen you select the contact you want to link/merge which would be the FB contact.

For instance. Say you want to link 'David Phone' with David FB'. Start with the Phone contact, not the FB contact.

-Select 'David Phone'
-Options, Link Contact, Show all contacts (if you didn't have it on the phone you would click Get Friends)
-Click on 'David FB'

Now the Phone and FB contact will be merged.

Upvote 0
Yes I understood. You have to click link on your 'Phone' contact, and the next screen you select the contact you want to link/merge which would be the FB contact.

For instance. Say you want to link 'David Phone' with David FB'. Start with the Phone contact, not the FB contact.

-Select 'David Phone'
-Options, Link Contact, Show all contacts (if you didn't have it on the phone you would click Get Friends)
-Click on 'David FB'

Now the Phone and FB contact will be merged.

Thanks for response. I understand what your saying but here is the problem. When i go to Contacts and I select "david phone' there is no option to select "link contact" at all. When i go to a FB contact it provides me with option to "link contact" . When i select "david phone" all it says is Edit, Delete, Send namecard via, and Copy to phone ' as only options I can select.

If i could get "david phone" to provide option to link contact and then select FB contact that would be awesome. Do you have any clue why this is not appearing for me or how to select Option -Link contact from a regular listing?

Upvote 0
Oh I see. That is odd. On any contact whether they are linked or not I have the option to link them to another contact.

I'm actually not sure then why your Phone contacts aren't giving you the option to link.

From the regular listing, there won't be an option to link. It's only in a person's detail when you can select link.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones