• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have recieved 2.2 FROYO

Have you received the OTA!?

• I have received the OTA!!11!!11!1one

Votes: 416 30.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 929 69.1%

• Total voters
fast_popper.gif

Upvote 0
Little did any of you know that Google has spent millions to clone me and make me apart of every new phone with Froyo. Muwahahahahah!

Why else do you think all the Task Killers quit working with 2.2?

In all seriousness, if you guys wish to discuss this, please stay on the actual topic.

You're right, I just could not resist! :D

Upvote 0
I know. My first post ever, and I am giving you all the news you have been waiting on. Call BS, but I have my info from VERY high up the Verizon food chain that the OTA will be starting to push today. I cannot share the email with you I have at this time, but you heard it here first. The FNG was the first to break this story. It is for real. Stay tuned!

Could share email with all personal data blacked out or something, would love to make own interpretation on the way i'm sure it's cryptically written. Unless all the email says is
To Whom It May Concern,
Froyo comes out today 8/26/2010
Sincerely,
Someone Very High Up at Verizon

Reactions: ThinkPink
Upvote 0
Someone with the same username posted this exact same thread over at incredibleforum.com, mods please lock and/or delete!

Just because the same person posted the same thing somewhere else does not mean it needs to be locked and deleted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as skeptical as anyone...but he is within his rights to post this claim, and has not violated anything.

Besides, sooner or later....someone is going to pop up with real information that is actually correct, and everyone is going to call BS. ( Boy who cried wolf anyone? )

Upvote 0
Just because the same person posted the same thing somewhere else does not mean it needs to be locked and deleted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as skeptical as anyone...but he is within his rights to post this claim, and has not violated anything.

Besides, sooner or later....someone is going to pop up with real information that is actually correct, and everyone is going to call BS. ( Boy who cried wolf anyone? )

If you post everyday that TODAY IS THE DAY WE GET FROYO! At some point you will be right. Doesn't mean you actually know something.

Upvote 0

If you post everyday that TODAY IS THE DAY WE GET FROYO! At some point you will be right. Doesn't mean you actually know something.

True but the point, i think, he was trying to make is this. We shouldn't automatically start the flame fest when we see these kinds of posts/claims. If at the end of the day we still have nothing then, and only then will i consider calling dude out, (not really). Maybe it was supposed to go out today, VZW person leaked this info to OP but at the last min ANOTHER bug was discovered. And we all know what verizon will do, yank it and delay it weeks yet again. That said I personally would love to see this email that he got his info from. Until then though "Don't worry, Be Happy":D:p

Upvote 0
True but the point, i think, he was trying to make is this. We shouldn't automatically start the flame fest when we see these kinds of posts/claims. If at the end of the day we still have nothing then, and only then will i consider calling dude out, (not really). Maybe it was supposed to go out today, VZW person leaked this info to OP but at the last min ANOTHER bug was discovered. And we all know what verizon will do, yank it and delay it weeks yet again. That said I personally would love to see this email that he got his info from. Until then though "Don't worry, Be Happy":D:p

^^Agreed.^^

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
This is probably due to the RUU build that is floating around today. I just want to caution everyone that while it is a good sign, it is not necessarily an indication of a final release.

Old Eris owners remember seeing 3 "full build" releases over the course of a couple of months leaked before the official OTA went out.

Just don't get your hopes up is all I am saying.

Reactions: Skipdawg
Upvote 0
I know. My first post ever, and I am giving you all the news you have been waiting on. Call BS, but I have my info from VERY high up the Verizon food chain that the OTA will be starting to push today. I cannot share the email with you I have at this time, but you heard it here first. The FNG was the first to break this story. It is for real. Stay tuned!

I know I have over 250 posts and never post rumors, but I am giving you all the news you probably already know. Call BS, but I have my info from months of unsupported rumors and people alleging information from high up the Verizon food chain that the OTA will NOT start pushing today. I cannot share why I know this at this time, but you heard it hear first, even though you already knew it. Stay tuned! No OTA will be released today.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This is probably not the official OTA- Seems to be the most recent and (maybe) final build going on retail test devices.

Looks like September is looking good, but with this file, why would most non-rooters wait?? The unknown is a risk though, so I would understand.

I will keep my Sense 2.52, thanks :) Bloatware and lockdown free :)

Upvote 0
where does the .exe file need to be downloaded to and installed to, your pc's desktop? sd card on phone?

sorry, .exe is a windows executable file, so you run it from your computer.

HOWEVER, this was just posted to the front page article:

20. PhillyPhan wrote on August 26, 2010

IMPORTANT: I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HTC AND THEY SAY THAT THE OFFICIAL VERSION IS BEING ROLLED OUT TODAY!!! THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL VERSION, WE SHOULD HAVE THE OFFICIAL WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK!!!!
21. PhillyPhan wrote on August 26, 2010

I ALSO JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH VERIZON, AND THEY CONFIRMED THAT THE OFFICIAL OTA WILL ROLL OUT TOMORROW!!!!I WOULD WAIT, YOU CAN ALSO CALL VERIZON TO CONFIRM….EVERYONE GET EXCITED FOR OTA 2.2!!!!

P.S.: Never forget your Grain of Salt:)

Reactions: BlueOwl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones