• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I have root how to remove preinstalled icon?

I don't know if you really deleted the apps. I know with CyanogenMod, you're allowed to link the apps from the original stock Android. So maybe that's what it's doing. Or maybe you haven't downloaded a custom ROM yet, so when you press Home and go to the original app drawer, those apps are still there. Once you change your ROM, it should give you the option to either link your Official Google apps (since it's illegal to put them with the ROM) over to your ROM or delete preinstalled apps. But I don't think rooting the G2 alone is enough to get rid of the preinstalled apps.

So what I'm saying is, if all you did was root the phone and that's it, I don't think you can delete the preinstalls just yet. You have to download a custom ROM first before you get that option.

Upvote 0
Ok thanks! What I did is rooted the phone then downloaded from the market Root Uninstaller and delete the shopper and finance app, they delete because I look for them in the phone and they are not there but I still have the icons. I hit the icons and it says .apk file not found. I will download a rom now and verify because you are right I have not put in a rom. Thank you verify much!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones