I have the bold 9650 shoukld i buy this phone?

Last Updated:

1. miguel11691

miguel11691 Member This Topic's Starter

is th phone worth the upgrade... how is the battery life... i had the evo 4g and that battery was pure awful

Advertisement
  2. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

mine is great.. yesterday I got through work no problem 8am-4pm- screen on for almost 3 hours and I was still at 40%. most days I'll still have over 70% since I got my phone at launch I don't play with it a ridiculous amount anymore.

3. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

I switched from the 9650 to the Epic and couldn't be happier. I have had the epic since launch day and would not even think of returning it.

4. miguel11691

miguel11691 Member This Topic's Starter

How is the battery life compared the bold 9650

5. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

I was charging my 9650 3 times a day. I bought the spare battery with spare battery charger for the epic and have never needed to charge my epic. I always just switch out the charged battery with the drained one. On one battery though I go twice as long with my epic as I did with my 9650.

6. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

The battery life is better than EVO but still not the greatest.

7. mynewandroid

mynewandroid Active Member

Ok, ready for an honest answer? I came from a BB Tour 9630. I could go almost two full days before needing to charge. The Epic gets me about 6-8 hours with similar or slightly more usage.

I have MailDroid (App) set to never let the CPU sleep so my email comes through with little to no delay (almost as fast as Blackberry PUSH). I use the phone for business and can't afford to have it check emails only once an hour. The tradeoff is that it eats up the battery.

I should note I am running the phone stock without any type of juice defender, battery saving tricks, turning off radios, airplane mode, etc. I keep the phone plugged in when here at work, bought a car charger, spare battery and I am making do.

Unless you are prepared to employ all kinds of battery tricks and/or never use the phone there is no way the battery on the Epic is going to last longer than a 9650.

One other note: For some reason this phone is really slow to take a charge. My Tour could go from dead to almost full in a little over an hour. The Epic charges MUCH slower so you might want to consider picking up a spare battery.

That is my 2 cents...